Good time at the WIR RSD last night!

I was a little reluctant to go; I've always heard WIR is a "dump" or a "1000 foot track that was lengthened, without lengthening the shutdown area", "only open for test and tune 3 times a year", blah blah blah.

Well Tuff talked me into going and entering the parking lot it was like a ghost town, when I got over the big circle track hill suddenly I saw where everybody was and the dragstrip and I became immediately excited!! We watched some races from up high on a hill near the end of the track - wow that gives a really interesting viewpoint, you can totally tell when a guy is pulling away on top end, who won the race, etc., there's a lot you don't see in a drag race standing at the starting line. Also gauging how fast some of those cars are really going through the traps.

The facility there is very big, I would say it's equal to GLD, I did not run down the track but the shutdown area looked quite a big longer than GLD, it was slightly uphill and at the end was a very large hill, I wouldn't have any worries running any car that runs at GLD, at WIR. (Not that I've run in the single digits yet...) The pits were all gravel, that was one of my only complaints. They said they sprayed 200 Gallons of VHT going up and down both lanes twice, that is some hard effort for track prep, I also saw them respraying VHT at the starting line more than once during the night.

There was a lot of people when I got there, and quite a lot of cars. Not as many people as the RSD at GLD but a good amount no doubt.

The racing was good and it was really cool seeing mostly cars I've never seen before, there was 2-3 Grand Nationals there (always a favorite of mine), at least mid-low 11s out of those, some REALLY fast full size Trucks, there was this white supercharged first gen Lightning that was fast as hell, I think it's my friend Monte's buddy from that area actually, ProCharger-sponsored (couldn't verify if this was the same guy.) There was also this NMRA purple Fox body guy, I think his name was Dave Bandt (?) , that car was fast as hell, wish I knew what the motor was, but it seemed to be a carbeureted nitrous motor, he was purging it so much I think the people standing up on the bridge over the track were getting intoxicated

Saw some of the Chicago/GLD-RSD cars there that I recognized, also that really shiny deep blue 81 Malibu, small block Chevy on Nitrous, I don't know how that car is so fast, it looks like 8s to me, I guess it could be in the 9s. Too bad his competitor didn't understand "Right lane gets the hit" and tried to steal it, the Malibu called bullshit and stood where he was, the hit-stealer in the left lane lost the cash and rightly so for his blunder.

After about 10PM people seemed to disappear and the music stopped and I was wondering where everybody went... The cars were all still racing but nobody left in the stands, less than 100 people. Of course, I stayed until the last race was finished nonetheless
    Last edited by Syclone0044; 08-07-2004 at 03:18 PM.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Yeah...I noticed that too...They must have to go to bed early or something.
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

Will your car be ready for the next one? I wonder if QuickCarl or the Sound Performance Supra would set something up..
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

carl wants NO part of me....( he's chicken)
    I like to race at the real street drags at GLD because it's legal and safe for everybody.

Tuff vs. Carl....THAT'S the race I wanna see!

We wait in anticipation.......

1991 Z/28
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    2006 Impala

Quote Originally Posted by TuffEnuff
    Yeah...I noticed that too...They must have to go to bed early or something.
    He will go if its a locked race and no bullsheit
    so are you saying -you will run him for some serious coin in a locked race?
    as i quote :Nope never going to any RSD again, unless someone has called me out and is "locked in "to race. It was the most tremendously gay, and the biggest waste of my time that I have ever experienced.
    Last edited by lotsals1; 08-19-2004 at 09:53 PM.
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

Wow !! I have not been on here in sometime, and I see that it's the same ole B.S.. I have been working lots of hours to pay off my silverado early. I am not worried about Tuff. He's a Dork. He will not race unless it's Chicago cheatin' a$$ rules, he's begging for a spot, or the bust. I'll race heads up on a pro tree. I would spot a lesser car, or a lesser mouth, whichever looks better for me, but not him. You all know what it'll take.