Lightbulb Tiki Barber Coming Out Of Retirement?

Not like anyone here cares, I always wondered if this would happen. He left the NFL so sudden and out of nowhere.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/J...-to-NFL-030811

Also I've been wondering about Plaxico and waiting to see what happens with him? Will he be in shape to play again when released from jail? We all saw how well Mike Vick took care of himself while locked up. Plax was a great WR when he played and he is still plenty young and could be a great addition to any NFL team, I think.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Plaxico should be fine...Tiki's now getting to the "old" portion of an NFL career, he probably won't realize how many steps he's lost. Normally as you get older, you slowly learn tricks to make up for your lack of steps. Not having that gradual learning process will probably hurt him...who knows.

Tiki is almost certainly trying to come back to make some money after the divorce...and to put himself in the best position for "the womeeeen."
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Didn't he leave early just like Barry Sanders because he didn't want to take any more abuse? I don't think most people realize how brutal being an NFL RB is with the amount of hits you take (receivers might take harder hits over the middle, but RBs seem to take this most hits overall). I don't blame him or Barry one bit for leaving early because of this, but IMO he should stay retired. His body is going to hate him for trying this. I don't see him starting anywhere.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Sounds pretty apparent he is doing this for the money with financial troubles he has. 36 years old....yeesh. How many 36 year old RB's are in the NFL, heck even 32-34? By 30 as a back you are either going downhill or almost done already in today's game. Ahman Green looked ok to me as a backup two years ago with the Packers, not what he was in his prime but had some power yet. The years off may of helped Barber somewhat but he had a lot of touches when he played. At best he sticks around as a decent backup for a year or two.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What Barber has to do imo to make a go of it is bulk up and be a full-back. He's smart enough to pick up blitzes, sell the block and then step out for passes, find the open spots etc.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Didn't he leave early just like Barry Sanders because he didn't want to take any more abuse? I don't think most people realize how brutal being an NFL RB is with the amount of hits you take (receivers might take harder hits over the middle, but RBs seem to take this most hits overall). I don't blame him or Barry one bit for leaving early because of this, but IMO he should stay retired. His body is going to hate him for trying this. I don't see him starting anywhere.
    This. You notice how WR have like 14 year careers? (exaggerated) and RB have roughly 6-7... They take a beating man, handsdown.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.