Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!
    WELL BOYS / GIRLS TODAY LIMEY SAW DAY LIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A FEW MONTHS, the day I took the cutty out of garage I almost ripped my knee to shreds by pulling it out of garage and didnt see my dauhgter hit the e-brake while she was helping me clean it out ............anyways fast fwd a few months of being on crutchs ...today was day 5 of not needing them so decided to try working on car just little stuff though............. I have not mounted the hood locks on the core support side thats why it sticks up ever so slightly

1. Got the hood kinda aligned and bolted down
    2. Switched the the green tail panel for my black one to start the black out process

"THE MALIGOON"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know, it's really not too far off from looking pretty damn sharp...

As far as the engine, what are the plans?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I found a 1971 350............ stumbled across it almost passed till I ran the codes it came back to a 71 Z/28 with 2.02 valved heads factory rated at 370 HP not to be confused with the RS/SS which was only rated at 270. Anyway gonna put a healthier cam maybe flat top pistons only to get the right piston to valve clearance needed ( if needed only ) I have a Air Gap intake with a 750 holley ( proform center) carb to go on it, Just waiting for leg to heal up a little more and cam to get here then gonna dive in and get it done
    "THE MALIGOON"

I parted out a 76 project Monte Carlo a few years back. Still have the swivel front bucket seats (wrong cloth color for you) with mounting brackets and I believe never used since the rebuild front A-arms with new Urethane bushings and new ball joints. If interested email at drrodder@hotmail.com I'd be around next Sunday evening to view if interested.
    Real Rides Are Home Built.

EmAIL sent dr rodder
    "THE MALIGOON"

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Isn't that alotta intake for a stock 350? Either way lookin good.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Isn't that alotta intake for a stock 350? Either way lookin good.
    who says its stock anymore LOL and thanks for the compliment !!!
    "THE MALIGOON"

Well got most of the interior out and YAY for me I found build sheet today and it confirms it is a Lime Green Coded Malibu Classic, and at least the car is not sitting on two different front wheels anymore LOL and sadly I took off the Texas plates today in favor of my Illinois ones

"THE MALIGOON"

uPDATED PROGRESS July 1st 2011

well got everything mocked up today July 1st I think it looks pretty good all but the green dash it kinda throws it off a little bit

"THE MALIGOON"

Well sold the welds off to get a motor then ended up not needing to sell for I found one cheap as hell running at that, its only a 305 but at least it get the Malibu on the road instead of sitting thru another whole winter waiting for a motor got different wheels to replace the welds I sold as well just need the center caps now, yea I know its only a 305 but it will get it on the road faster than before LOL

<<<--- before blast and coating

<<<---after blast and coating
    "THE MALIGOON"

running car with small engine > non running car with big engine.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

right that is why I went smaller to at least get it on the road this year LMAO
    "THE MALIGOON"

I like the look of the new rims. Oh and about the green dash, no one said that they had taste in interior colors back in 74. Love the car, brings me back to the 75 Malibu Classic Wagon that my parents had (first car that I can remember). Didnt they come from the factory with the 305?
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

yes they came with in 76 3 optional motors 305, 350, and what this car is supposed to have a 400 but anywho for the 75 bucks I paid for this motor I am not gonna complain LOL
    "THE MALIGOON"

Yay for me getting closer 305 chevy 350th BOP trans with shift kit

"THE MALIGOON"

few days later have it installed now just have to put trans mount on...I have floor shift column in as well as new wiring harness from firewall fwd old one was cut here spliced there and pretty worthless, praying the dash harness is not the same way

also looking for the chevy symbol center for the horn button is anyone knows where to get one or has one laying around ??

"THE MALIGOON"

well progress is progress Have to switch out PS pump for the one that came with the 83 305 ARRRRGGGGGG oh well at least I have it to do that with LOL

"THE MALIGOON"

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Svt Fox View Post
    Punctuation.

Why is everyone so hung up on proper punctuation ?

Are we back in grade school or what ?

Is this better ?
    "THE MALIGOON"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 74hotrodmalibu View Post
    Why is everyone so hung up on proper punctuation ?[
    I'm not sure if people are "hung up" on it, but punctuation does make what you have to say easier to read.

Are we back in grade school or what ?
    If it was, improper grammar would be more understandable.

Is this better ?
    No; there is no space between "better" and "?"

Properly written, it would appear: Is this better?

Don't be offended by it...it means that people actually care somewhat about what you've got to say. Some semblance of proper punctuation and grammar would make it far easier to decipher.

<<<good deed for the day [/smug]
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!