Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!

Well Starting new Build Final one

Ok World I introduce The Real Limey to you, and just a note I wish my other one would not have been crushed but searched and searched no luck then the Cutlass...............well then a weird string of events brought me back to the Lime Green Malibu ( not a Laguna YET Maybe ) but still lime green here we go

"THE MALIGOON"

So you got it free I am guessing? Demo derby car?
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    So you got it free I am guessing? Demo derby car?
    Why do you assume its a derby car ?? It is not one it will be a resto mod when done. And no it was not free nor for sale
    "THE MALIGOON"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    cool...not typical, that's for sure. Glad someone is out there saving and restoring/restifying the of-kilter different stuff.

Know what I'd suggest? Go the route many have gone with camaro's/etc...give this thing an ls or lq powerplant, 4 speed auto, see what you can do brake/suspension wise (not g-machine-esque, but stately/carver...maybe similar capabilities to a crown vic interceptor) and enjoy. Make this an ideal roadtrip/long cruise car that also happens to run 12's while getting 26mpg. THAT would be cool.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

It already has plans for a better rear disc brake conversion, its a direct bolt in swap from a Impala SS type of car it bolts right up the only downfall s have to go with the 5 x 5 pattern.
    I already have the bigger sway bars for it front and rear the rear is 1 1/2"......... from the factory is only 7/8" and the front will be robbed from a early 70's camaro. Also gonna use the drop spindles from the same year camaro that is also a direct bolt in option for me as well
    "THE MALIGOON"

I like it...Big block and twins!!

wished I had the funds for that would be nice !!!
    "THE MALIGOON"

So you bought it from Texas right? And had it transported here? If so thats way better than the rust belt finds. It is such a off the wall body style that it works for it.

All told it has alot going for it.

But please cut weld and tuck those bumpers in tight to the body.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

currently no motor I assume? The front end in a couple pics looks like its riding high.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

your correct I have not installed the 350 olds motor yet, and that will only be there till I get my 400 SB built for it ( its an original 400 SB 350th car ) and yes It was built in Odessa Texas and sold in Dallas and stayed in Abilene with one owner its whole life till now.
    Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-04-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

That car has potential. Are you going to run an automatic or go with a stick? You should be able to upgrade to rear disc and retain the 4-3/4" pattern. What rear diff is in there?

was chomping at the bit to get these on for a trial fit .......................Not so sure on the scoop as of yet I thought it would go closer to windshield but that can be figured out later I guess and finally seen what it looks like with the prostars I love it........... I have the 8.5 10 bolt and want to get at least posi in there with 3.42 gears with auto on floor

"THE MALIGOON"

well a little update since my pulled hamstring ( almost ripped it ) is healing up a little now, some progress on the interior and I scored a 2" cowl hood glass bolt on one WOOT WOOT

anyways enjoy and give some honest feedback well except my derby buddy LOL J/K

"THE MALIGOON"

Will be on green car tomm just want to show pics of new hood WOOT WOOT 2" bolt on ......YAY for me LOL

"THE MALIGOON"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is the interior vinyl paint really that glossy? That would be the only thing that jumps out at me...otherwise, it looks like it's coming along nicely!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    My neighbor has 3 of these 2 are lagunas I so want to get my hands on them and smash the hell outta them, nothing is ever to nice to smash

yes Ricky booby you have made your point and NO I WILL NEVER SMASH THIS so move on please........AND Prince Valiant no its not supposed to be that glossy thats the difference between Flat black in Krylon and Duplicolor vinyl paint

"THE MALIGOON"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Is the interior vinyl paint really that glossy? That would be the only thing that jumps out at me...otherwise, it looks like it's coming along nicely!
    Heres a better pic of redone ones the one in the back is already redone have to redo the front one

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 04-17-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

I must of missed this thread. The 73-77 a-bodies are cool and you don't see too many around anymore. My grandparents had a silver 76' 2 door Cutlass that I (very) vaguely remember that they got rid of to buy a brand new 84' Delta 88.

Look forward to more progress pics, looks good so far. Good to see that not everyone wants or has a Camaro .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

well new to me 350 Chevy is in the house LOL came back to a 1971 350 from a Z/28 heads are still up in the air for 2.02 or not have to do more checking, guy swears they are but the casting says no they are not but either way I am happy with the motor. Now I DON'T have to put an Oldsmobile 350 in it at least, and the blue bin is just the accy's and brackets that came with it

"THE MALIGOON"