Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nope....

We have lost plenty of jobs because " They " were $250 cheaper, after questioning the customer of course with respect we find out there was No electrician as well no permit.... Just make sure he gets both, personally I really don't care as most HVAC guys know there shit but when everyone is on the same playing field aka following the law it pisses you off....

I would hold off on any HVAC system and focus on the improper duct-work for the upstairs, then once the issue is fixed go forward....
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
    I would hold off on any HVAC system and focus on the improper duct-work for the upstairs, then once the issue is fixed go forward....
    Yeah, fuck that. I'm not living without a/c this summer lol. While the current duct work may not be 100% optimal, i'm not gonna tear up the house to put in bigger or re-routed ducts.. that is just not going to happen for this house.

What is advisable for tstat placement? Is it better for it to be on the second floor to keep temps more even, or the first floor where temps stay the same longer? Its currently on the first floor. Do they make tstats with remote temp sensors that monitor different areas?

1st floor near a return or hall way out of the sunlight.... most of the time duct work going upstairs is ok, its what connects to it....
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

We got a new furnace/ac last year. We were happy with our install as the techs were quick and professional about the work they had to do.

The total bill was about 5400. This included removal, install, better programmable stat and moving a duct in the bathroom so I could install a laundry chute later on.

I went with a Rheem. After seeing what happens to a non stainless steel heat exchanger looks like after a few years. I would stay away from Bryant.