Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Things are finally coming together.....

Dropped off the seats, door panels and rear armrest/upper panels at the interior guy, talked to a friend last night that has the parts I need for my carb. Things are FINALLY coming together for the 64 to get on the road. I am so excited
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Old Stuff in the back

New stuff in the cab

Attached Images Attached Images
    Jamie

nice! do you have any build pics so far?
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    nice! do you have any build pics so far?
    Some

When I put it on the trailer in Sept 06 about an hour outside Pueblo Colorado in the middle of nowhere . Trailer courtesy of Matt/Memphis

3" Pypes exhaust that is on it

8.5" 3.42 rear from 71-72 Cutlass with bolt in axles, none of that c-clip crap
    Painted it before I put it in. Used it to replace the original 8.2" 3.08 rear

455 Olds going in

and it's in

New to me aluminum valve covers, very tall, and now I switched to manual brakes because of them, and the fact it cleans up the engine compartment.

Aluminum Radiator I bought through Rocket Racing.

Rad and trans cooler in

Changed to manual steering, again cleans up engine bay, plus it going to have relatively narrow tires in the front, probably around 205's

That's all the ones I have for now that I can find.
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 02-28-2011 at 08:56 PM.
    Jamie

Looks like a clean car. Nice find.

Thanks.
    Jamie

Ordered the window sweep things from Year One today, surprisingly they were cheaper than ebay with the coupon code for 15% off, of course they aren't in stock, but the ones on ebay weren't either, so I went with the cheaper ones
    Jamie

Well we ran into a couple snags, the seat covers I got from Legendary had the covers for the front seat backs made wrong. The side cut that gets hidden by the side chrome trim was made almost two inches to high, so the trim won't be able to cover it. Got a call from my interior guy telling me about the problem yesterday. Today I ran out there to see the problem and then we called the manufacturer. They are having them picked up tomorrow to fix them. But the rear seat and the front seat bottoms that are done look AWESOME! The guy doing my interior, Don at Inside Rides , is great and couldn't ask for better service from him.

I will also say that Legendary is giving good service after the problem was found, just wish there wouldn't have been a problem to be found.

Now if Year One would just get the window sweeps to me, the door panels can get finished up.
    Jamie

Very nice Jamie. I look forward to seeing out and about.

Thanks, Me too.

Picked up the rear seat today

Jamie

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Looks awesome! Love the car!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    That turned out real nice! How is that guy's prices that is doing your interior assembly?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

The estimate for the seats was $60/cover so about $360 for the seats, with me supplying the front foam and front and rear covers. He said usually the foam people bring in doesn't fit well and he has them send it back, but the stuff I got actually does work. I bought the better of the 2 choices Legendary had. For the door panels and rear armrests its another $300-350 ish, have to take the stuff off the old ones like trim and the sheetmetal from the top half and glue that plus the sweeps I am waiting on. The rear armrests are metal, kind of double thick pizza box sized and need the material glued on. I think the panels and armrests are probably as much of a pita as the seats. lol All together the estimate for everything was $680-700. The upholstery guy on national in stallis wanted almost $500 just for the seats.

Don is an awesome guy to work with, I have nothing but positive things to say about him. I got recommendations from 2 different people to use him and they were right.
    Jamie

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Dude i love this car I am following this build for sure...........now that I cant go forward on mine due to a pulled hamstring LOL
    "THE MALIGOON"

Got the seat covers back from legendary today, probably take them out to the interior guy tomorrow on my day off.
    Now if Year One would send my Fing sweeps. Its been over a month now
    Jamie

So I call year one and now they are saying mid April for THEM to get the sweeps I order them the end of Feb, and mid march they say April 1st THEY will get them. Now its at least 2 more f-ing weeks for them to maybe get them. and then ship them to me.

I will NEVER buy from them AGAIN!
    Jamie

Year one order cancelled. Found a place that has them in stock. Thanks Year One for keeping my money for over a month on parts you don't even have.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    Year one order cancelled. Found a place that has them in stock. Thanks Year One for keeping my money for over a month on parts you don't even have.
    I hate when these vendors do that. I don't order unless the person on the phone says it's in stock.

Well I got the window felts/sweeps today, ordered them tuesday night from Fusicks. Awesome.

Much better than the 5 or so weeks weeks that Year One had my money and no product.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    I hate when these vendors do that. I don't order unless the person on the phone says it's in stock.
    That's going to be my M.O. from now on.
    Jamie