Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar

multi-piece wheel assembly?

Curious to know if anyone here has, or knows of anyone with knowledge/experience in assembling multi-piece wheels? Putting a nut on a fastener is simple enough, but getting everything true and balanced is what concerns me.

Thanks
    Todd

Post whore
    What is your question? Bolt it together and balance it. I suppose you could rig up a test stand with a dial indicator to make sure everything is concentric to the hub. Might not even have to do that depending on what locates the parts and the clearances in the bolt holes. Post some pics of what your working on.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

The multi-piece wheels on my dad's racecar weren't that big of a deal to put together a few years ago. Just had to be super careful when tightening the bolts not to gouge the metal. He had me put some time of goo (super technical term) between the pieces, but I can't remember what it was.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I think he was asking if there is a certain way to tighten the bolts like you would when you are mounting a wheel on a car with the way you tighten the lugs.
    In need of your used motor oil. Pm me if you have any.

Audi s4, custom gt2560
    Audi tt

Post whore
    Very easy to assemble. Just get some sealer and follow their directions cuz I've used two different brands, one I had to let is dry for 10 mins and the other I had to assemble the rim right away. I got the sealer from Big Bear Tire. Also lock tite all of the bolts.

Long time , no hear, Troutman. How's it goin'

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Troutman's Avatar
    thanks for the replies. Vids were quite helpful
    Basically I had my wheels refinished (centers only) last season. Discovered with mutlipiece wheels that the fasteners shouldnt be re-used if the wheels are disassembled. So im looking to replace the fasteners only. Im guessing that the wheels were left mounted to the tires and the centers were removed without separating the rim halves....which Im sure wasnt good. My big concern was proper balancing and tightening order of the fasteners. Based on the vids, it seems that cleaning up the rim surfaces,applying a nice bead of silicone, with simple aligning and proper tightening order is all thats required.

appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by lordairgtar View Post
    Long time , no hear, Troutman. How's it goin'
    still here...last year wasnt so smooth with the job loss and the passing of my grandfather. So I was kind of withdrawn from things, but its going good now. Hopefully I will get more involved this season