Wheel repaint . . .

For those of you toying with repainting your rims here is a step by step photo journal of how I did mine. Nothing too exciting really

IROC Wheel Repaint Photo's

ExStyle
    Did that stuff you used take it down to bare metal? If so where can I get some my wheels need a repaint bad.

Yes it did go all the way to bare metal. Fairly easily I might add. The stuff I used is SCAT-400 from State Chemical. It is an industrial use only paint stripper and I am not sure if you can buy it outright in the consumer market. Here is a pic and their link though if you want to check . . .

State Chemical Online Store - SCAT400

I must warn though if you can find some it probably won't be very cheap. Luckily I use tons of it at work

You could try surfing the local hardware stores for some marine type stripper though. Just make absolutely sure that it's metal safe first and even then I still test it first. If you still have no luck maybe we can work something out.
    Last edited by SMS 1; 08-05-2004 at 08:54 PM.

ExStyle
    Ok Ill start my search

ExStyle
    I found some stuff at wal mart called auto strip I figured why not at 3 bucks a can of course they were convinced i would take it home and sniff it (im 17)so I went to autozone and bought it instead lol. I did a little test spot and I think its gonna work so im gonna try and get them done tomorow. Then bring it out to BK monday for my first time.

Sounds good. Good luck with the whiole ordeal. It gets pretty time consuming. I have somewhere between 6-10 hrs on the set I did.

ExStyle
    Its working well suprisingly lol wont have em done by monday tho. Ill post pictures when theyre all done.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS 1
    For those of you toying with repainting your rims here is a step by step photo journal of how I did mine. Nothing too exciting really

IROC Wheel Repaint Photo's
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparScott
    Very nice.
    Thanks man. It was alot more work than I had planned on originally but the end result was well worth it. Had about 10-12hrs in it total. Now I am on to the next project scatch casting/building my own centercaps Shhhhhh! I'll post those pics when they are done.