Best place to rent a car trailer?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

With the world of wheels car show this weekend, I have found it impossible to find any of my friends with their car trailers or trucks. I have a bit of a dilemma here. I need to get my 78 el camino 105miles up north and bring a car back to my parents house in New Berlin. I don't want to use a tow dolly as both cars are RWD and I don't want to take out the driveshafts (I will if it's the only option.)This would be ideal if it's done tomm (Sunday Feb 19.) but could potentially wait until next sunday the 26th.
    Problems 1) I don't own a full size, but may be able to get my hands on one
    2) I need to rent a car trailer on the cheap... I've looked at Uhauls website and they said they didnt recommend their tow dolly or "auto transport" trailer for either of the cars... anyone have any ideas?

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Just a heads up if you use UHAUL pick the trailer up with a fullsize and tell them your hauling a pinto or they will make you put a boat load of insurance on it, and possibly not let you rent it for fear of damage to there equipment.

But I have used them several times and a 1976 malibu fits on the dual axle one fine, it is a tight fit but does fit
    "THE MALIGOON"

yikes, if a 76 malibu is a tight fit maybe i need to rethink picking up a tri five wagon.
    Looks like it's time to find a plan B

But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by xFullThrottlex View Post
    yikes, if a 76 malibu is a tight fit maybe i need to rethink picking up a tri five wagon.
    Looks like it's time to find a plan B

you should be fine with the tri five for this is about the same width and length of one I know that for my friend has one
    "THE MALIGOON"

Quote Originally Posted by 74hotrodmalibu View Post
    you should be fine with the tri five for this is about the same width and length of one I know that for my friend has one

I think your right, tight fit but damnit I think your right!

But Rat Fink is Forever

Love that Malibu, 74hotrod...

I made this post all by myself with no supervision.

Toms Trailers in the Falls.... Awesome place to rent. http://www.tomstrailersinc.com/ Open 7 days a week.

thanks man, i'll give them a buzz once this weather gets better... really threw an axe in my plans

But Rat Fink is Forever

I think an open trailer, and they are always in good shpe with a winch, are $80ish a day.

2) I need to rent a car trailer on the cheap... I've looked at Uhauls website and they said they didnt recommend their tow dolly or "auto transport" trailer for either of the cars... anyone have any ideas?
    Probably has more to do with the truck than whats on the trailer. I have had no problem renting with a fullsize truck and a G body cutlass from uhaul.
    Just checked, with my 01 SuperCrew 1/2 ton, I can tow my 83 Cutlass RWD wagon on either the dolly or trailer per their site.
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 02-20-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Tom's is closed until around the 1st of March due to their yearly 2 week vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    Probably has more to do with the truck than whats on the trailer. I have had no problem renting with a fullsize truck and a G body cutlass from uhaul.
    Just checked, with my 01 SuperCrew 1/2 ton, I can tow my 83 Cutlass RWD wagon on either the dolly or trailer per their site.

Ahh i see, I'd be using my girlfriends brother in laws Ford F150. It's 4wd but only a half ton. Haha, it's weird to say "only a half ton" when I daily drive a four banger s10.

But Rat Fink is Forever

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    Tom's is closed until around the 1st of March due to their yearly 2 week vacation.
    Margret is in vaca all year!
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

I've had very good luck with u-haul...their site says "not recommended" for a lot of things, never bothered me any...haha. I'm sure you could find dimensions of the trailer if you're concerned about it fitting.

Disconnecting the driveshaft isn't bad either, I dollied my RX-7 to North Carolina and back this summer that way!

Ahh i see, I'd be using my girlfriends brother in laws Ford F150. It's 4wd but only a half ton. Haha, it's weird to say "only a half ton" when I daily drive a four banger s10.
    That's odd, my Screw is a 1/2 ton too. Is his a short box regular cab? I had some issues towing with my inlaws old chevy halfton short box regular cab. I'd get some trailer sway over like 45mph.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

his is an extended cab standard bed

But Rat Fink is Forever

One million "Thank yous" to Mike mikmustgt87... it seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong today.
    Just wanted to let you know that I couldn't have gotten the car without you and i appreciate you giving me a hand on literally 3 hours of sleep.
    THANKS MAN!!!!

But Rat Fink is Forever