plumbing, flow guard gold ??

anyone know anything about these flowguard gold cpvc fittings? had a plumber do about 90% of my job then just disappeared. I am putting in a vanity and a toilet in my basement. All the lines are stubbed in with cpvc with these weird flowguard gold fittings on the ends of them. It looks like 3/4 cpvc with 1/2 cpvc inside of it. Not sure how to put a shutoff valve on it, never seen anything like this. Went to menards and they don't have anything like it. Can't get a hold of the guy to get him to come back. WTF.

Last edited by 05caddyext; 02-18-2011 at 09:52 PM.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Is the piece of 3/4" just loose over the 1/2" ? They might have done that for the drywallers or to give it more strength from snaping off.

Cut the cap off of the 1/2" and the piece of 3/4" should slide off. You should be able to use standard (non-flow guard) schd. 40 cpvc fitting to add a valve.
    Last edited by Lash; 02-18-2011 at 09:58 PM.

the piece of 3/4 doesn't move. it appears to be glued to the other pipe.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Well... Mr. Plumber just fvked ya then.

I'd try to cut it off about 1" from the cap and see if you can slide it off. Sliding 3/4 over 1/2 is pretty tight to begin with. Other than that you might just have to do a little re-work from the elbow at the wall.