2001 Regal GS problem

went and got gas, had a half tank already, got a car wash. went to my parent's house for about 15 minutes, drove about 5 miles, stopped at a red. car was idling just fine and normal, i hit the gas, it sputters and dies. it will restart every time, one turn and fires. it starts, revs to about 2 grand or so like normal, then sputters and dies. keeping my foot on the gas doesn't help unless i keep it floored, aka bouncing off the rev limiter. unplugged the maf and iab sensor thinking some water got in there or something, does the same thing. car is un-modded minus an intake, but it's been on there since i got it. i literally got it home by driving WOT for a little while, putting it in neutral and revving it up just enough to keep it running, going back into drive and WOT again. i'm hoping it just got some water or something somewhere and it'll be fine in the morning, but otherwise i'm thinking fuel? FPR? can't think it's the fuel pump as it drives at WOT. there is no check engine light either. thoughts?
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Could it be getting vapor locked? Did you try taking the gas cap off? I've had that happen a few times on my camaro after I got gas.

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Im guessing water in something. I know those are known for Ignition modules going bad.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Maybe fuel filter? I will check the gs site and see if I find anything.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

tried running it with the MAF unplugged again, did the same thing. tried the fuel cap, pulled the vacuum line off the FPR, no fuel came out. all the vacuum lines seemed to be in place. on the regalgs site it was suggested the fuel pump resistor, but i don't think that makes sense, if the fuel pump wasn't working it wouldn't be starting at all?
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Easy way to test, try the paper clip bypass for the resistor :edit: my link was bad see clubgp. com for the info

Any check engine lights/codes?

I have a fuel pressure gauge to test with if that would help. It screws onto threaded fitting on fuel rail. And a code reader if needed. Only problem is I am stuck at work until 9pm tonite. I am near Glendale. The rest of the week I am available after 4pm
    Last edited by WI_Dave; 02-15-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    my TA did that about 3 winters ago after a wash. turned out to be a bad oxygen sensor. never threw a code at all. only way i found out it was that was watching the real time data on my handheld tuner.

Fuel pump resistor went out on my 99 gtp and it wouldn't stay running for more than a couple seconds. It would fire up then die right away.

You can run the fuel pump relay in high speed mode bypassing the fuel pump resistor by bending tab 85 over on the relay but double check on the GS site. Been some time when i had to do it.
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

Ahh just seen it's a 01 like mine try cleaning the IAC never hurts.
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif