Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 Chevrolet Sonic

I have to admit, I'm highly interested in this car. Its the successor to the Aveo, and those things are terribly ugly, but I would definitely drive this hatch, especially if you can get it in an Ecotec 1.4L turbo with a six-speed... Sweet!!

Any thoughts?

2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

I like the interior.

Its not bad for dinky little gas saver. If the price is right like the Aveo in the 15k range, staying competitive with the fiesta and fit, I'd go for it for a gas saver.
    Last edited by GHOSST; 02-05-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

I dont know, it stilll looks just like an aveo......I dont think this will be enough to compete with the Fiesta
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

No 2 door option? Wierd. It looks ok, I agree with Nick on this one.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    No 2 door option? Wierd. It looks ok, I agree with Nick on this one.
    Most of the "b" cars out there dont come with a 2 door option.

b???
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Id buy this over a Fiesta anyday
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

That is the segment or class that they are calling the smaller sub compacts....The aveo, fiesta, fit, and versa are all considered "b" cars....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermini

It does still look a lot like an aveo (and I have one). But I think they made the exterior look A LOT better then the current car, and also added some depth to a very boring interior. Really I think it's still an aveo, but the name change was to get ppl to think GM came out with a brand new car.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

better than the aveo for sure. If they do a version that would parrallel something like the abarth 500, it might be cool.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Looks better than the Aveo for sure but price will determine how well it does. The Fit is ridiculously successful and reasonable so it needs to be price competitive to make sales. I think it has potential with a small 4 cylinder turbo to create buzz in the aftermarket
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Looks better than the Aveo for sure but price will determine how well it does. The Fit is ridiculously successful and reasonable so it needs to be price competitive to make sales. I think it has potential with a small 4 cylinder turbo to create buzz in the aftermarket
    The ball is already rolling in the aftermarket world for the new turbo ecotec's. ZZP is starting out with a Cruze but I believe the 1.4T is the same in both the Cruze and Sonic.

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    I dont know, it stilll looks just like an aveo......I dont think this will be enough to compete with the Fiesta
    This. Ford's had years to make the Fiesta good in Europe, and that's being a regular car, not a third rate Daewoo budget mobile. Though it will be interesting to see if there's a turbo variant.
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    The Fit is ridiculously successful and reasonable so it needs to be price competitive to make sales.
    I hope so, I want one of these, and for the price of my crap bimmer (bimmer worth a few k less, but still), I could get one of these brand new. I'm all for it.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Not bad at all. While it does look better than the Aveo, it still resembles one IMO.

That's a busy interior.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Post whore
    The car is ugly, interior looks cool but will be cheap material like GM does these days. Best thing about it........the turbo and six speed.

The car actually looks better in person. Not so awkward in areas. The Fiesta is more attractive IMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Exitspeed View Post
    The car actually looks better in person. Not so awkward in areas. The Fiesta is more attractive IMO though.
    Agreed. I still like the Fiesta a bit more.