Yellow or red top optima battery

Which one is better for our mustangs? Da yellow or da red?

Political signatures are not allowed

i personally dislike optima. A few years back the founder left and they started using worse materials, i have heard alot of people complaining about there optimas being dead after a while or just loosening charges.

the guy who started optima then started oddessy?

Just google optima battery problem, and see the long list of problems people have had.
    Last edited by Flicktitty; 01-27-2011 at 10:37 AM.

I have a red top was told the yellow is for cars that sit more than get driven
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

I only trust the yellow top!

Yellow, red = junk.....

Ol' School
    optimas are not what they used to be as stated. many dealers stopped carrying them due to warranty loss.

What makes you need that type of battery Chris?

You rocking subs in the stang? Want one for the long winter sit......get a tender if thats the case and get a high CCA batt of your favorite brand and call it done.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I used to swear by these batteries till I had 2 fail, now I go with odyssey batteries
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

gotta agree with the optima issues, and if you have to get one make it yellow. i have a red top and it doesnt hold a charge very well when the car sits......like anything over 2 weeks and I have every possible upgrade for the charging system. my springtime upgrade..http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm

Just like the others, Optima isnt what it used to be.

Ol' School
    for that amount of money you could consider a agm diehard platinum too but in all honesty I have the 12's, amps, and such on the stang with a conventional diehard gold and no issues here.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

BCM Cruiser
    The platinum is made by Odyssey from what I hear. I have one in my 240sx that I bought about a month ago. Very nice battery.

Ol' School
    I am not sure who makes them to be honest. I can find out. I hear talk about johnson controls and another manufacturer but cant remember who that one was as that manufacturer provided batteries to regions outside of the one I serviced so I didnt pay attention.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I've got a 240 amp alternator sitting here if you wieners want some real juice, used it in my 62 caddy for the big boy stereo
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln