Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My $100 snowblower kicks ASS !!! Best Bang For the Buck !!!

To be honest I received it for free from my dad, put a new belt on and away I go.... Even the crap we are getting over here in Cudahy this little guy buzz's right through, all of 10" inch drifts....

I picked $100 because I have seen them anywhere from $60 to $100 on CList...

MTD 3/21

PHOTO IS NOT OF MINE !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

We have a Toro, that is maybe just slightly bigger. I love that thing. We had one that lasted almost 20 years. Just replaced it maybe 2 winters ago. I don't know that I would ever buy a bigger one. Only time mine complains is when we get a foot or more snow, which is maybe once a year.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

You get what you pay for! just remember that when you're cursing that thing next December because you have a foot of snow on the driveway and are using a shovel again.
    70 cutlass 442- dads car
    95 stang- Stock long block 195,XXX miles
    03 XC600 - bone stock (still faster then smokin ram)
    03 Polaris predator- 4.250 bore (assembly required)
    84- 4 eyed

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    ^ This. Might be a nice machine for the smaller lighter stuff but wait till we get that heavy stuff and lots of it
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    My $10 shovel works just fine for me. It's faster than using a snow blower and gets the driveway cleaner. I can fit 8 full size trucks in my driveway and it takes me 10 min to shovel it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    My $10 shovel works just fine for me. It's faster than using a snow blower and gets the driveway cleaner. I can fit 8 full size trucks in my driveway and it takes me 10 min to shovel it.
    This.

Snowblowers are for pussies, grab a shovel and get a free workout
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

We use shovels as well, works fine. Snow blowers take up to much space
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I have $60 into my 5.25hp Craftsman...$40 "broken" snowblower plus $20 in a drive belt and shear pins and a seasonal lubing of the starter worm gear I'll take that any day over shoveling a 70 foot driveway with 10" of wet, heavy snow. You don't have to spend a lot on a snowblower
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Some people complain about shoveling, others don't mind it. Different strokes
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I've had my Toro single stage similar to that for 8 years now. I can think of 1 time that it couldn't handle what we got, and that was only at the end of the driveway where the plow had put a huge pile. Even when you get a lot, you just take smaller swipes and those can keep up with anything we get around here. Plus I think they do a nicer job of getting to the pavement.

I had to clear my dads driveway last night with his big ass Ariens 2 stage and I forgot what a bear those things are to use.

If it's just an inch or so I just shovel. I go to a gym for a workout. Shoveling is labor, not exercise.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    i had a single stage for 5yrs then gave it back to brother-in-law when he got a house and in-laws bought us a 6hp craftsman 2stage. The single does a cleaner job for sure and the only time it got stuck was when the plow came threw and i didnt get it right away and froze, the 2stage goes threw it all but like others under 3" i just shovel.

Thank God for snow blowers! Too much snow to shovel around here. I have a 24" 2 stage, I need a snow blower for my 350 foot driveway. I don't mind shoveling the walks and around the back door for some exercise.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    This.

Snowblowers are for pussies, grab a shovel and get a free workout
    A snowblower is a must for this pussy with a surgicaly repaired/ fused spine.

I always use to use a shovel, not anymore.

If you think that's nice, try a Toro CCR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Woah Woah Woah !!!!!!!!

I had 10" all by my house and it handled it so don't doubt the Power of my Little machine

But seriously this thing goes through it !

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    If you think that's nice, try a Toro CCR!
    My dad, bro, work and landloard have them.... I don't know why anyone buys 2-stage units when these Toro CCR's absolutely rock !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

As the resident bcm mechanic I will tell you now the toro ccr series with r tek motors will dominate that mtd all day long but its becuase of 2 reasons. One the r tek is a 5 or 6 hp 2 stroke. And second the paddle design on the toro is designed like a scoop not a worm gear auger like the mtd. We use a ccr 3650 at work and it goes through everything. 12 inches of heavy slop is no match

Buy stock in belts for that thing too, every one I ever worked on, the belt was horribly cracked or the sheathing was peeling off it. You will change them more often as well if you don't use an oem mtd belt too. Also keep up on the scraper bar or you will need a auger flighting kit that cost as much as you paid for it and will be useless for moving snow or self propelling w/o it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

We use a bit bigger equipment here. (:

and

But we also have a lot to clear and it doubles as a hobby for the other half.

Too bad Adam gets mad at me for clearing the driveway before he gets home. Apparently I take away all the fun!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    We use a bit bigger equipment here. (:

and

But we also have a lot to clear and it doubles as a hobby for the other half.

Too bad Adam gets mad at me for clearing the driveway before he gets home. Apparently I take away all the fun!
    Holy crap

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I prefer to stay warm...