Broken screen on laptop

I am just throwing this out there to see if it's worth fixing. I have an HP DV4-1155se laptop that I dropped off the couch, and it broke the lcd screen. Can you fix this, and if you can, is it worth fixing? I already bought it's replacement, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to have a spare now. I tried taking the molding off around the screen and broke a few of the tabs, but I doubt that matters. I would even settle for super glue to re attach it. Let me know if you can fix this, and how much. Thank you in advance!
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by loud91rs View Post
    I am just throwing this out there to see if it's worth fixing. I have an HP DV4-1155se laptop that I dropped off the couch, and it broke the lcd screen. Can you fix this, and if you can, is it worth fixing? I already bought it's replacement, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to have a spare now. I tried taking the molding off around the screen and broke a few of the tabs, but I doubt that matters. I would even settle for super glue to re attach it. Let me know if you can fix this, and how much. Thank you in advance!
    It depends on how long you've had it, combined with how much you paid. Usually if it's more than a couple of years old, it's not worth it, especially if it's a sub $700 laptop. Display replacements on any device (laptop, ipod, phone, etc...) outside of that range are *usually* only worth it if you're willing to do it yourself. The reason being is that unless the laptop is super easy to take apart, it usually ends up being several hours labor to do it... the parts... well, it depends. Sometimes you can find a replacement screen on eBay for <$100. If you have to buy a replacement from HP or some other parts supplier... you're looking at $150+ for the display. I'd say you're probably looking at ~$300-$400, so say $350. I do have several newly factory refurbished HP Laptops available with varying specs for between $600 to $700. One roughly equivalent to what you have is the DV4-2160US which has a core i5 2.26GHz, 4GB, 320GB and runs ~$660.

That's what I was afraid of. About two years ago the laptop cost me $850, and I cannot see throwing another $350 into it. Thank you anyway though!
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

You can hook an external monitor up to it to get your information off and sell it for parts on ebay to recoup some of your costs.