Best distributor under $200?

I have a gen1 small block chevy. I'm looking at upgrading the ignition, and I have about $200 to spend. I currently have an HEI Delco unit and I believe it's the cause of me not being able to dial in my engine. I've been looking at MSD Streetfire distributors and Summit Racing brands. Although I would like a box I know it's not a necessity and for $200 I know I have a snowballs chance. Anyone have any suggestions?

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's wrong with the current one? Is it old and beat up? Maybe time to get a new one...but if it's newer and otherwise in good shape, maybe just get someone to go through it, maybe recurve your ignition to suit your combo...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    What's wrong with the current one? Is it old and beat up? Maybe time to get a new one...but if it's newer and otherwise in good shape, maybe just get someone to go through it, maybe recurve your ignition to suit your combo...

The distribuitor is vintage to the car, I had an Accel cap on it but it didnt seem to help. I have new plugs,wires, and a newer rotor. I went back to the old cap as well.

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I like the MSD dizzys. Replacement parts are easy to get, they seem to work well and the quality of them are pretty good. I just bought an MSD distributor for my engine
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    i have a knock off msd pro-billet one on my 406 was under 200 i believe on egay, also will need the msd box but i got mine at a steal thanx J