Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ol' School
    I am no photoshop guy at all but I started playing with it a bit. With exception of the fairing brace as I might do that red and I might not. Will have to wing that one

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

that will look great
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Looks great! I just don't know about the red calipers. They seem to draw my attention to them over the rest of the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SSScottSS View Post
    Looks great! I just don't know about the red calipers. They seem to draw my attention to them over the rest of the bike.
    THIS! Are they gold now? How about having your Rotor carriers anodized black?
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by SSScottSS View Post

THIS!!!! Do them gold, grey, or black. (I vote gold.) Red is way to ricer. There is nothing red on they bike, red draws way too much attention to stock brakes.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    LOVE the wheels!

Ol' School
    they are faded black now. I have red chain for it and all the graphics are pinstriped in red so was thinking about red but in photoshop they are very eye catching which isnt working for me either. Didnt want to do just black.

Thought hard about gold but that would make me take the fairings to black also and go after a black and gold theme but I want to keep the stock fairing colors for now.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

The black frame makes the bike look modern, I think it looks great. I don't like the red calipers though...
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Ol' School
    Took a little courage, some gently pushes from buddies, a little more research, and a TON of pictures and labeling but here I am ..........

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Ol' School
    Does this center shaft or stem whatever its called come out of the lower triple there?

I took it completely down and off the forks and off the bike but didnt take a picture of that part off completely. This is the only image I have of what Im talking about. Want to send the upper and lower triple off to powder coat also so wanted to take down as far as possible.

got it all stripped down tho. Ready for media blasting and powder coat soon

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I honestly don't think so. I've never seen a triple tree without it in there. I could totally be wrong though, but I really don't think so.
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Ol' School
    okay cool. I didnt realize that last pic had it in there but its by the swingarm.

Man, remembering where all those little bushings go and in what order is going to be a chore. I labeled everything BUT remember that this bushing goes here before the motor and such is going to take a minute.

Im sooo jazzed to have gotten this far!

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Ol' School
    nevermind. Just searched ebay and saw that replacements have the stem in them.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Ol' School
    I got the wheels today. Should I clean the powder coat off the hub on the front wheel where the rotors contact the wheel???

I was going to go after a dual color but I decided I liked to go back to a bright white wheel even more with the theme Im going for.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

They sure do look nice freshly coated don't they. That's a good question regarding the coating where the rotors bolt up. If the coating is a uniform thickness and it's not too thick I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I would be concerned in taking it off that you might actually disfigure the mating surface and cause the rotor to wobble.

If I were you, which is easy to say because I'm not doing all the work, I would try leaving the coating on as is.

Where did you get them done? I'm been considering getting my rear sets done in black to match my frame.

Ol' School
    blast shop in kenosha. $35 for front wheel $55 for rear wheel media blasting included.

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I guess that's not too bad considering they media blast them also and the time involved.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    they have to media blast in order to powder coat
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

^ no you don't

Kelley they should have taped that off, you need to sand the coating off.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Ol' School
    okay. I'll mask it off and dremel it all off with a sanding wheel

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750