Thread: Carnage thread!

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar

Carnage thread!

I figured with all our bashing and all we are gonna break stuff on a regular basis so i figured we can post pics or stories of the busted stuff. Or if we broke it what we fixed it with/upgraded.

Well dropped the pinion gear down to a 12 and put the spur back at 54, i think those stampede tires are a little big/not balanced very well shook the piss outta the truck at slow speed or the rear diff is fucked. Put it all together took it out in the snow for a little bashing thing just blows tires off in the street and spins out of control at anything over 1/2throttle. I think im gonna put the slipper back at full grab and let'er eat i bought 3 more spur gears and a pinion, or i might just go with the robinson gear and slipper set for 32bux with my 5 dollar coupon from tony's shouldnt be bad. The teckno axles so far have worked awesome only ran one batt threw them so far took the full throttle flips that broke the RPM a-arm but axles are good. So done with my rant.

I would have posted pics of the a-arm but i already sent it in lol next time something blows up i will

I wish I had some pics taken of my broken stuff. Well to start with on my e-revo I broke a rim, shredded 3 tires, front bulkhead twice, 3 motors and multiple arms. On my Dads E-maxx I broke 2 shocks, upper and lower control arms and the bulk head in a head on collision with my e-revo. That was a tangled mess! Broken parts everywhere. Put those were when we went bashing outside in the winter. After the motor blow ups I picked up a couple outwears motor covers. Well worth the money. He has a vxl rustler we set up for top speed runs with a 27th pinion and 83spur and a 40c lipo. He took it out in a parking lot and right as it topped out he hit a parked car! The only one in the entire lot. Cracked upper and lower chassi plates, bulkhead, front titanium shocks, bumper and axle pins. But my favorite crash was when I set my slash up for another top speed run with a ramp. I had a 33th pinion on a unknown spur. Novak 10.5 brushless, 40c lipo and a 45 degree ramp. It got about 15+' and started to "sail" or float in the air. When it landed it was on the ass end and cracked the motor mount screws, rear bumper, shock tower mounts, and trans case. All in all a very impressive wipe out!

Ill have to start taking pics of what i break

So far i have only broke the nerf bar from the Rustler running into me at full speed, and the shock end from smacking a curb at high speed

I upgraded to the RPM nerf bars, and then for the shocks, i bought the traxxas short shock ends, RPM lower spring cups, and the RPM spring spacers
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    sounds like u had some major ones

a buddy has a 10T nitro and for some reason he lost signal to it and it went wide open into a curb, basically wiped the whole front of the truck out only thing saved where tires and axles everything else was either broke or bent including the metal chassis

A couple years ago, right after I put together my DF-01, I took it out by my brother's old apartment. We were doing some jumps and whatever, just bashing around, when I did this nice jump and landed with my front A-arm on a piece of rebar sticking out of the ground where a parking spot bumper used to be. Ripped the whole left front suspension off. Replaced with factory parts. That thing is actually pretty durable.

Also a couple years ago I wiped out the front suspension on my TT-01 when I smacked a wheelbarrow that was sitting out by my neighbor's garage while going full blast down the alley. I already had some spare parts from the last time I broke it so I just used factory stuff there too.
    Last edited by TheRX7Project; 01-20-2011 at 03:33 PM.