Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

My New Toy - Slash 2WD

Alright, so we've seen the pics now of the truck....

Now I removed some of the stickers on the side of the body

Going to replace those side "K" with the large ones from this decal pack

Sides will look like on this truck

Should look pretty cool.

So how about the toys to go with it. Only allowed Traxxas aftermarket parts. Hopefully the hinge pin kit isn't a big deal, but that's easy to swap out, haha. Thanks to Tony at Hobby Town. I think in total it was about $10 more than if I had ordered through Tower Hobbies, but it's worth it to get the help when you need it from Tony, especially when he's helped out the other members here. Diane is his mother's name(sweet old lady there) and Dennis is the father's name(short old guy).

New small tool set, probably cheaper at Northern Tool though(Hobby Town was actually cheaper than Tower on these)

And then of course the charger. Got some ok reviews, has a built in balancer instead of having to purchase seperately, and the same price as the Onyx230/external balancer combo.

More to come through the build, only cause I like building stuff.

Pictures are from my Kodak Zi8 HD VIDEO camera, so it's still picture quality isn't all that hot, but oh well.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    looking good chris

More crappy quality photos of the truck ripped apart, haha. But atleast I'm having fun with the "model" haha

And the hardened drive yokes for the insane power that is the titan brushed motor, haha

Did you replace the diff fluid?

I don't fucking care
    Looking good...I usually only upgrade parts on my truck when I break a part, But that hasnt happened yet.....cause the dam thing won't break! You coming racing?
    Time is like a bullet form behind, It will catch up and kill you when you least expect it, so live for the moment....Covenant....

i'm hoping to on Friday.

I haven't done anything with the diff yet. just ran into an issue where the rear axle carrier machining is off and it's a tad too small to fit the included bearings. crappy

STRIPPED, hahaha. had the slightest bit of grease, and that's it.

Well the casing just needs a little bit of lube to work properly. But the big white plastic part with metal gear attached is the diff. Take the four little screws out and pull a part by the axels. Take all the planetary gears out and pins and set on a paper towel and fill it up with some thicker weight fluid. The heavier you go and the more you fill it, the more it will reacte like a possi. You can either go with 50,000 and fill it up to just below the top of the gears or anything lighter. I use 300,000 cause it take longer to break down and leak out. But with that you have to go easy on it other wise you will get no traction at all and just spin out everytime you get on it! I usually only put about 1/2 full or less

Thanks. Yeah I was just putting up pics of the case cause nick/dsmdude and I were joking on chat how far I ripped it all apart. I should put some more/heavier stuff in it since it seems as if there is nothing in it with how it seems there is no locking going on between the two sides.

can u change the fluid in teh 4x4 diff thats next both go when i gun it but not sure, i want it posi damnit lol

Tony exchanged out the rear hub carriers very easily. Got to love good customer service. Had a set waiting for me when I got there to pick up the other stuff. I also went to Trackside because I actually needed another set of camber adjusters and needed them now to get it together instead of waiting another two days to order it. Plus, I wanted to talk to Scotty about the spec class.

Scotty actually said we are not allowed to change the diff fluid from stock in that spec class. He said he "thought" that was how the class was run.

Can't wait to keep on working on this thing, haha.

Glad to hear your enjoying the new toy.

enjoy it i dont think its left his bedroom yet

It was in the computer room for the past couple of days being worked on. I actually drove it last night to test it out after doing the motor break in. It's cool, haha.

Now I just need the wrench to adjust the suspension because it's all sorts of out of wack. Then I can actually race it around.

sweet so are u gonna bash with it at all or just race since theres no way i can race mine cause its all sorts of out of wack

I should read alittle better. 

So I've always wanted to get one of these but never seem to see them in any store. Where do you guys pick these up and how much you ususually pay for them??
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Got mine at track side. I think with tax it was 250

slash 4x4 with charger and lipo out the door i believe i paid $513

Go to Trackside and get one off the shelf or go to Hobby Town by the Culver's in West Allis and pick one off the shelf from them.

Slash 2wd - $240 RTR and it has everything you need.
    Losi XXX-SCT 2wd- $229 RTR (if i wasn't wanting to race the spec slash class I would buy this truck)

Slash 4x4 - $349 RTR

Want the better LiPo batteries, they are about 60-100 average depending on a couple variables, and then pick up one of the chargers that does lipo. Mine was $120 with build in balancing for the batteries. Venom makes one and I believe it's $150.

Then just go outside and have fun.