Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reggies Annual Snowmobile Radar Run.

January 22nd 14th Annual Snowmobile Radar Run

(Rain date Feb. 12th)

S10560 Phantom Woods Rd

Mukwonago, WI 53149

(262) 363-7493

So far it's Boss , Jess and I going ......

Ill be there. Bringing "hillbilly express" my race sled. And we should have the worked storm 8hundo ready

Cool !

Quote Originally Posted by stenchmiester View Post
    Ill be there. Bringing "hillbilly express" my race sled. And we should have the worked storm 8hundo ready

Sounds good Stenchmiester....I'm going to try and set up at trackside , I have a 12 foot trailer that I'm setting up with chairs and a nice size convection propane heater to try and keep a little warmer....I'm pretty sure SmokinRam will go to this too unless he is out of town or something.....
    Last edited by DynoTom; 01-01-2011 at 11:36 PM.

look forward to meeting yall gotta get my tether on

Does anyone know the rules for this event? I'd imagine close to the same as the snowhawks rules?

Ill be there with a 30case of pbr blending in w/the rest of the hillbillies
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

permit ?

FYI : Just so the guys going here know ....Last year the cops was giving tickets out at Reggies for speeding....The guy over the loud speaker was telling racers to start slowing down around the 800 foot mark since the cops were at the end handing out tickets for speeding.....I thought I read somewhere online that a special permit was needed in order to not enforce the speed limits for a event like this....

Thought here was only a speed limit at night?

Not sure ...

Thought here was only a speed limit at night?

I'm not sure on that but, I do know some guys got tickets during the day for speeding.....It's pretty friggin dumb for the cops to hand out speeding tickets at a radar run though....It could be that they did not get the correct pemit for the event.....This is something we should check into to avoid a ticket that day....

My brother got a reckless driving ticket for doin notorious "rev wheelies" last yr.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    My brother got a reckless driving ticket for doin notorious "rev wheelies" last yr.
    Yep , and 4I Notch and I got stopped for being to close to a ice shanty....The cops said we were going a little too fast and not far enough away from the shanty...I did not get a ticket but, 4I Notch did...$180 dollar fine...

I think the cops focus on the Reggies RR event to nail dudes since it always draws tons more sleds and atv's to the lake that day....

They are kinda hard to spot since they drive normal looking sleds with only a few "SHERIFF" decals...Most cops are knobs

Well I'm sure ill be getting a speeding ticket since I'm bringing a drag sled out there.

Permits

Well I'm sure ill be getting a speeding ticket since I'm bringing a drag sled out there.
    I did find some things online that showed that Reggies did go to the town hall and request a permit for this years radar runs . I could not find the outcome of the request since it was just the minutes of the meeting though....

From what I gathered the speed limits are not enforced for radar runs if the correct permits have been issued...

Could be last year the permits were not issued so the cops nailed guys for speeding....

Either way I'm going , last year we could not run the radar runs with our ATV's since we had no kill switchs on them ( this year BOTH machines have them )...We did ride around the lake that day and had a good time until we got the $180 ticket....

Info

Not sure if this is accurate but, I found this while seaching "reggies radar runs" on the net...vvvvvvvvvvvv

Vehicles participating in sanctioned radar runs (like at Reggies) will be exempt from the speed limit, provided that the event organizer has obtained a permit from the town.....

call

I will call Reggies and ask them about this.....I will just tell them I was there last year and seen some guys get speeding tickets at the run....It's something we need to know....

I will post up what i find out soon...

Have we found anything else out yet?

Permits approved...

Have we found anything else out yet?
    The correct permits have been issued for this event....4I Notch , BOSS and I will be there !

We have to do some testing, we both have " high speed " sprockets that we have not had a chance to wring out yet....

I'm also doing some HD videos that day .....

Hillbilly express racing will be present with 3 sleds

450 YFZ & RAPTOR 700 Final set up for ICE..

We jetted Jess's YFZ pretty " fat " in the warm weather hoping it would be just about right in the cold weather....

We now run a special Diamond E 3 spark plug in both machines. I will have Jess take some high end WOT runs on the ice and then have him check the spark plug color....I do have a big assortment of jets in case we need to increase the jets sizes. ( Jess has REALLY learned to tune and work on these things pretty good ! )

I will have my laptop out to check tune of the Raptor . I don't see any changes being needed to the EFI mapping but, I want to do some data logging runs to be sure she is running safe AFR's.....

In spring the Raptor will get a new 11 to 1 piston , HOTCAMS Stage III and a +3 mm throttle body. These 3 mods really wake up the 700 engine and in addition to the mods I already have make it pretty bad azz....

do you have room or could save us some room to pit next too ya we just hae a flat bed trailer and no heat lol pm me your number