Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    is that a brushless revo? friend has one on 3s lipos fucker is sick will wheelie at any throttle position and is wicked fast
    As of right now, unfortunately no... But it is pretty fast! Nowhere near brushless fast though
    2010 Nissan TITAN
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    still cool piece, yea my buddy swapped in his brushless into a 4x4 slash and that was hilarious there was no control at all anywhere in the upper power band

Very cool pics guys...really nice stuff. I don't have any pics right now, but here's a list of my current stuff-

HPI Blitz
    Associated B4
    Associated B4.1
    Traxxas Slash (x2)
    Tamiya Hot Shot 4wd
    Tamiya 1/18 Fox & Hornet Buggies

Associated TC5R (x2)
    Tamiya TA05R (x2)
    Tamiya M05R

Customworks GBX2 Sprint Car
    Customworks GBX Sprint Car (For Sale)
    Customworks Outlaw Sprint Car
    Customworks Rocket Latemodel
    Ofna Dirt Oval Pro 1/8 Nitro Latemodel
    Losi 1/18 Slider Sprint Car (x2)

My sons and I are usually at Trackside at least once a week racing. We run on the clay oval Thursdays and the off road Friday or Saturday. For the on road stuff we go down to The Track in nothern Ill.
    2005 Chevy C1500 ECSB
    2008 Mustang GT 5-Speed Grocery Getter
    1979 Z28 4-Speed
    1996 XJ Cherokee

I have two shitty On-Road AWD Nitro RC's, I bought solely for the reason to see what RC's were about back in 2008. I've had to do extensive maintenance on them because of user error and just plain crappy parts, but it was expected, and I've learned so much.

It seems like everyone runs brushless, so my question is, should I go brushless when I get my next RC? And what brands are top notch for on-road? I see HPI alot. Thanks.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    i love my brushless wouldnt go any other way ever again

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    It seems like everyone runs brushless, so my question is, should I go brushless when I get my next RC? And what brands are top notch for on-road? I see HPI alot. Thanks.
    If you are going electric, brushless motors and lipo batteries are the only way to go. I don't even know if you can buy a actual race orientated brushed motor anymore, I think the RTR closed endbell types are the only ones you can buy new.

As far as on road cars, the absolute best is X-Ray RC....their cars are like jewlery and the best in the world, but they are big $$$. The next would be Corally, TOP, and Tamiya 416....all very nice cars. Then you get into the Associated TC6, Hot Bodies (HPI) Cyclone, Robotronics Avid, and the Losi JRXS......all very good, competive cars but they are mass produced and don't quite have the quality/fit of the high $$$ chassis. Price vs. parts vs. availability I would go with the TC6.
    2005 Chevy C1500 ECSB
    2008 Mustang GT 5-Speed Grocery Getter
    1979 Z28 4-Speed
    1996 XJ Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X79 View Post
    If you are going electric, brushless motors and lipo batteries are the only way to go. I don't even know if you can buy a actual race orientated brushed motor anymore, I think the RTR closed endbell types are the only ones you can buy new.

As far as on road cars, the absolute best is X-Ray RC....their cars are like jewlery and the best in the world, but they are big $$$. The next would be Corally, TOP, and Tamiya 416....all very nice cars. Then you get into the Associated TC6, Hot Bodies (HPI) Cyclone, Robotronics Avid, and the Losi JRXS......all very good, competive cars but they are mass produced and don't quite have the quality/fit of the high $$$ chassis. Price vs. parts vs. availability I would go with the TC6.
    Thanks! I'll be sure to post pics when I get it. I love these things. Great hobby. People don't believe how awesome they are until you bring them out, then everyone wants to play with them! Sorry, these are big boy toys, hahaha lol.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Tamiya TT-01 (currently disassembled, needs a few parts)
    -12T motor
    -Dynamite Taser 10T ESC
    -Aluminum axles
    -Carbon Fiber upper deck brace
    -Futaba radio
    -HPI Lexus IS450 body

Tamiya DF-01 (Porsche Cayenne)
    -HPI wheels
    -Pro Line "Flatiron" tires
    -35T motor (want to go to a 55T for crawling)
    -Futaba radio

Team Associated RC10
    -In pieces
    Last edited by TheRX7Project; 01-20-2011 at 11:49 PM.

2wd slash 2slipo. Put in brushless motor with new esc

I Just got one of these for my sons 10th birthday present. Pretty cool! Now I want one!
    Traxxas Stampede

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...607stampedevxl

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Form all around bashing I think that is one of the best right there!

I have 2 driving 4x4 Platinum Slashes 1 all stock for fun in water and snow the other with a 4.5 turn 550 motor running 5900 KV for crazy fast driving and destroying tires. Everything on both of those is RPM. I have another 4x4 Plat. slash which needs some assembly. I have 1 HPI Blitz that I am selling as a roller with a ball diff and aluminum shocks. Currently racing Losi XXX-SCT which has the TLR kit. Fiance has a Losi XXX-SCT that is stock except the 17.5 Thunder Power which is the same as mine. Also have 2 Tamiya M03-L Mini Coopers and a few boxes of extra parts and tires that I am currently trying to sell as well because the carpet track closed at trackside so don't need them anymore. No pics cause I am on a work computer. My modified slash has a viper body on it cause otherwise the tires balloon too much and rub the body and when it get traction can run 200 meters doing a wheely which I did at a school track but had to put it down for a turn. I just love to bash that one which never seems to die.

Speaking of seems to never die, how bout all these old posts you are bringing back up. Trying to get the post count up?
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

No just new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself in the areas which I am interested in. I have still been exploring the different areas of this forum.

I also want to introduce myself here because I was new to join. Allow me to be your friend

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Moar bot survival!

#botslivesmatter
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.