Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New toy

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    prince i just snapped the picture with my BB storm so no skillz intended lol

and nick i would assume that its in a diff mode ive beat the living hell out of mine for almost a yr and smoked only one after running hard on a lipo then jumped it into a pool the esc didnt like that to much would turn on and not turn off unless unplugged lipo and would overheat in like 5min

I went through all the modes last night. And then back to sport mode. and still no reverse. I found how to re program the esc so ill so that tonight and hope it works!

On a side note I picked up the rpm bumper lights and leds. But they gave me the roof leds instead. So their gonna order me the bumper leds for me.

Sent from my HTC Evo
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

yea those are the right led's u have to drill them out so they fit tight, thats what i did and have no problems, u will also have to clearance the body otherwise when it moves up and down will cut the led leads and then no more lights.

i bought the 4pack of lights front and rear have 2lights per rear light holder

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    www.rcshortcourse.com

there is a guy named matt on there that literally has every short course r/c truck imaginable, and he's from milwaukee.

lots of good info on there.

Reprogrammed and it works!

Why does this happen?
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

i just had read something about those esc's needing to be set to run a lipo vs. running a regular battery. maybe it's just an internal cutoff that gets weird when overheated. like shuts down the "channel" that is least needed(i.e. reverse)

It does have a lipo thermal cut off mode if it gets to hot. And a voltage protection mode So the lipo doesn't drain fully. But it didn't get hot. Nor did the voltage protection kick in.

Sent from my HTC Evo
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

nick, you heard of RC Corral? guess it's someones back yard that is a track out in waukesha.

Well you have to be invited to the coral to get in. Pretty cool set up. The guy bought the old abc hobbys race stuff. But last time I was out he had some health issues. Don't know if it's up yet.

As far as lipos. I only buy venom. The warranty is amazing on them. Pretty much lifetime. I just sent 1 in and I am getting a new one mailed back.

And I had issues with my stock esc and sometimes you get a wierd one. Just remember if you are running lipo you must have the cut off turned on and off with nimh.

And Matt Sunderlage just bought his 100th rc vehicle this last week. It is sickening watching him race. He is like a machine, very clean, and fast. He has the nickname at the track of the short course assasin.

Racing is set up for this thursday were they are running the oval and dirt track. And same set up on the first only with an extra race. Can't wait!

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    reminds me i think i will get my big ass 4wd out tomorrow in the snow

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

i just got a give card for greenfield news and hobby gonna have to go see what i can buy now and if not go up to hwy and check that place out

Quote Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 View Post
    Well you have to be invited to the coral to get in. Pretty cool set up. The guy bought the old abc hobbys race stuff. But last time I was out he had some health issues. Don't know if it's up yet.

As far as lipos. I only buy venom. The warranty is amazing on them. Pretty much lifetime. I just sent 1 in and I am getting a new one mailed back.

And I had issues with my stock esc and sometimes you get a wierd one. Just remember if you are running lipo you must have the cut off turned on and off with nimh.

And Matt Sunderlage just bought his 100th rc vehicle this last week. It is sickening watching him race. He is like a machine, very clean, and fast. He has the nickname at the track of the short course assasin.

Racing is set up for this thursday were they are running the oval and dirt track. And same set up on the first only with an extra race. Can't wait!
    that's what i figured about the corral. seems pretty open minded though to new comers if you are atleast "smart" and bring some volunteering time or food/beverage/etc.. for everyone.

Yeah, that would be the matt i was talking about. i have asked him a couple questions and he's been a great help with them all

Greenfield n&h doesn't have much for slash stuff at all. Been there a couple times looking since its by work.

I think ill get a 2s lipo next. Or wheels and tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    i just got a give card for greenfield news and hobby gonna have to go see what i can buy now and if not go up to hwy and check that place out

Sent from my HTC Evo
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

for the RTR classes at Trackside, it seems as if the stock slash tires are the ones to have. so maybe upgraded stuff isn't TOO needed? I'd do another battery just to be able to have more run time, even if it wasn't a really nice one

Stock traxxas tires in my opinion work the best. I always have the rears on backwards. Better bite. And for the most part aluminum is kinda a waste. Rpm is the only way to go unless you do the proline pro trac kit. And I always recomend changing the stock white steering assembly to the 4wheel slash steering. Much stronger and smoother.

Where is a good place to buy rc cars or trucks???

Trackside. They have the knowledge, support, race track, and walls of parts. Or you can go to all the shops and make your own opinion. But If you go to trackside go when the have racing. Then you can see what they are all about even clearer. This thursday at 7pm they have racing as well as all day the 1st after 10am

Ty for the info. Will have to check out trackside not far from work.

it's just SICK how big that place is with how small it looks from the outside.

It does look very small when driving by. My girlfriends son just got a new truck and he's trying to get me into it.