Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New toy

Quote Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 View Post
    You should try the local track! 124th just south of capital.

I didn't even know there was a hobby town there. Is it new?

Also line the inside of the body to prevent it from breaking or cracking. Everytime you land from any large air the tires rub on the inside and wear the paint away. I used shoe goo.

They said they have been there since April. And they were somewhere else before this location for about 5 years.

I have been looking into that for the body.
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    i have the exact same truck with all the same upgrades right now running on 3s and the thing is friggin insane, it is a missle, also do they have those tires ur wanting to get at the hobby store on hwy 100? I need to get some upgraded axles fot the back of my 4x4 i keep blowing out the joints damn lipos
    i think i saw 1 set of the trenchers in stock at HT. I am going to go with the glue version of the split 6 Pro Line wheel instead of the bead lock, so when i am using the lipo's, esp the 3s, i do not have a tire coming undone from the rim.

They do have the MIP kits, and the Tekno kits in stock at HT, which i was also thinking about.
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Did you guys get teh RTR versions of that? How much and how are the electronics with it?
    Chris, I have the RTR version. and i also ordered the 3s Venom lipo, and the Only 230 charger. Tower Hobbies has a special going on right now, where when you spend xx-xx amount you get xx off your order. So i saved $60

My total order with shipping came to $474.xx
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

i have the exact same truck with all the same upgrades right now running on 3s and the thing is friggin insane, it is a missle, also do they have those tires ur wanting to get at the hobby store on hwy 100? I need to get some upgraded axles fot the back of my 4x4 i keep blowing out the joints damn lipos
    I am very tempted to get he front can lights. but i am worried on how they will hold up to my bashing... lol

Some input on this plz
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    i have the summit led's in the front of my rpm bumper ive met another slash full boar head on no damage and also have hit numerous other shit around, also im not easy with the bashing right now im missing half the body in the back since its been flipped slid and munched but still has 3 pins to hold it down barely, also have the led's in the back bumper no problems there either

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    looks cool. trackside has a stock spec slash short course class.

i have the summit led's in the front of my rpm bumper ive met another slash full boar head on no damage and also have hit numerous other shit around, also im not easy with the bashing right now im missing half the body in the back since its been flipped slid and munched but still has 3 pins to hold it down barely, also have the led's in the back bumper no problems there either

Thanks, i think i am going to have to pick those up now. Do those just plug into the extra inputs on the receiver box? How man extras are there? Because i know i do want to get the Traxxas ESC fan
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    looks cool. trackside has a stock spec slash short course class.
    Id be interested in taking the truck there just on a free run day, see how id do. Im sure the sisters BF would like to take his brushless Rustler there also

We were going to goto Trackside last night, but spent to much time at HobbyTown
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    there is an adapter plug for like 3bux u can get 2plugins then i have front and back lights i didnt get the fan yet but i will have to since the damn thing over heats on 3s when hard bashing its like nitrous for these trucks

Sounds good, Thanks!

I know what my next trip to the LHS will be, besides wheels and Trenchers
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

Looks like i got off thurs. the 30th we should all go to track side and tear up the track lol. i don't think my trucks even close to dialed in i think i have a leaky shock cuz one of the caps may have cross threaded when i built it. but any how if there open the 30th i'm down for some try it out racing
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Does it cost anything to do the practice runs?

I wouldnt be able to last long there, since all i have is a 3s lipo, and 1 Nimah pack....

Until i stock up on some more Lipos

Was thinking about ordering some 2s packs from HobbyKing.com

Anyone ever use this brand of Lipo?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=14991

You just have to solder on your appropriate connector, which i heard can be a PITA if your not good at it.
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

i think its $7 to run practice? used to be for the onroad i used to do there. on race night you can't practice tho lol i've only got 3 reg. stock packs. i used to be able to keep them goin on the charger enough to get going every round. we'll see i've only got one really good battery lol

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    tonight was race night and everyone was out there at 4-5pm getting ready for the races.

stopped back at trackside and looked around and then went to Hobby Town. guy behind the counter was really helpful explaining all the differences.

Need some lipo help. Is a brand new lipo on its first charge not supposed to charge to its full mah rate? My 5400 only went to about 2300 but hit like 12v.

Sent from my HTC Evo
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

Looks like my ESC took a shit on me tonight.. Lost reverse out of no where...

even checked the ESC and motor to make sure they were not hot, and they weren't.

Truck is only 4 days old, they better send me a new ESC.
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

did you try reseting the esc? should be instructions in the box some where how to do it.

I could not find anything about resetting the esc. Only the remote. Guess ill have to dig deeper. I did make sure it was in sport mode. And not race or training mode...

Sent from my HTC Evo
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

i guess thats what i ment. i've had some aftermarket esc's you could reset them tho not shure if the traxxas esc can do that tho?

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if anyone else noticed...but if you just glance at the photo, you might think one is looking at a mini-kart or 1/3 scale model, lol. Good, if unintended, use of perspective
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!