Thread: Zach Greinke

Zach Greinke

I know he is a good addition, but I am so pissed Cain is gone! Now we have to watch C Gomez bat .195 again? He is the worst CF we have ever had period. God I hope we can get Cameron back with him basically being a bench warmer now in Boston.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by JC70SS; 12-20-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Alot easier to find an outfielder then a quality pitcher. Great trade.

And no way in hell do I want Cameron back. He's not much better then Gomez IMO, and miss plays balls all the time. He just had speed to recover. Being older that speed can go at anytime, and he becomes a big liability. I had enough of Cameron's striking out with RISP for the 2 years he was here. Especially at his pay rate. Can't stand Gomez either, rather they just dump him.

I love that Melvin continues to try and get this team better. His moves, pitching wise haven't all worked out for him, and fans bash him. But atleast he tries to make the team better. Wish the jackass up in GB had the cajhones to make moves.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Melvin knows he is on a shorter leash, if they have a losing record again this year it might be his last. More of his moves have worked than haven't, he's been a good GM overall.

It makes 2011 exciting for sure, maybe 2012 too. After that who knows. Emptying the system with the last couple trades is bold but scary for their future.

I'd guess they go after a CF, either trading one of the younger starter types (Narveson/Parra) or a free agent. No way in hell they go into 2011 with Gomez as the only CF on the roster.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

He better have some kind of Cliff Lee turnaround, 'cos Greinke hasn't exactly been his Cy Young self the last couple years...
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

He hasn't exactly been motivated to do so either. I'm sure losing wears on even the most dedicated of competitor after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wikked View Post
    He better have some kind of Cliff Lee turnaround, 'cos Greinke hasn't exactly been his Cy Young self the last couple years...
    He won the Cy Young 2 years ago?

He got stuck with Jason Kendall last year as his catcher. It's no surprise KC's pitching got worse with that POS behind the plate. Bats like a 6 year old girl, and can't call a game worth a shit.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Even last years numbers would be an easy #2 for the Brewers, coming to the NL generally only helps statistically too (no DH, somewhat weaker hitting).

They can always flip Greinke after 2011 when Fielder leaves to get some talent back if they can't extend him.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    ^ this.

I think this is another CC deal actually. They have Prince yet and if they put together a nice starting rotation they should be tough enough to see the playoffs. Melvin is working hard this winter to put together a pitching arsenal and getting this deal done without losing a big player is huge so he gets a golf clap from me. 2011 is looking to be "the season" to make a run for the playoffs. Can't wait!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

So they gave up Lorenzo Cain, Escobar, Jeremy Jeffress and another pitcher.

They are gonna miss Cain and Escobar. That hurts.

But they needed pitching.

I guess we'll see this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    I know he is a good addition, but I am so pissed Cain is gone! Now we have to watch Lopez bat .195 again? He is the worst CF we have ever had period. God I hope we can get Cameron back with him basically being a bench warmer now in Boston.

Your thoughts?
    who is lopez? try gomez. they'll have a competition, probably platoon Gomez, Dickerson, and possibly a free agent. might try one of the lower level guys in AA or maybe AAA (not much there though) Escobar isn't a huge deal, but Cain does hurt. You do NOT get a chance to aquire a cy young caliber pitcher very often, and we got ANOTHER one. you have to give some away to get it. i was VERY suprised to throw in BOTH jeffress and ordozzi(sp)

with this kind of pitching, our offense is more then enough. core of mcghee, braun, fielder, hart, and weeks, plus vast potential with Lucroy makes for more then a solid group. If we don't buy out Betancourt, he can swing a bat just fine. he's had his rough spots, but if you were playing in KC, you'd be struggling too.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Gomez isnt bad in the field but his bat is something to be desired. I believe they just resigned him too a few weeks ago? Somewhere around $1.5 for a year.

1.5 for Gomez isn't bad, it's about as low as you can get. Another year chasing the dream that he can learn how to play baseball. Guy is a free safety in a baseball uniform.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Cain was a decent player, but it's not like he was Ken Griffey Jr or something. It took the guy forever to get to the big leagues. Guy spent most of his minor league career hitting around .200.

They still have plenty of time to add to the lineup. Heck I'd even consider Hart in center and bring Gamel up to platoon in Right.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Thay should take some of the $2M cash they got in the trade and make a run for Edgar Renteria. This SS they got in the trade probably isn't going to cut it....

Any I never understood why they haven't tried Rickie Weeks in CF??

Here's another positive of the trade

http://www.emilykuchar.com/

His wife.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Thay should take some of the $2M cash they got in the trade and make a run for Edgar Renteria. This SS they got in the trade probably isn't going to cut it....

That is what F-ed Billy Hall up. Moving from If to OF.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    That is what F-ed Billy Hall up. Moving from If to OF.
    That or going back off roids, LOL.

His stats for his career are consistently shitty except for one miracle season...

They did screw Hall up by moving him around, however his ridiculous batting stance didn't help.

I don't see why anyone would want Ricky moved. He's just fine at 2nd base. I'll take the couple errors he makes, cause he makes more spectacular plays to make up for it.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    terrible idea. like said above, messed with Bill Hall. Weeks is an above average 2nd baseman. as for CF, we get "plus" production out of 2nd base. meaning our 2b is better then most 2b in the league. however, our CF is a minus. we don't HAVE to have some stud in CF to keep our lineup afloat. we need good defense, and a solid hitter than doesn't do what Gomez did all last year. we have more then a few options for that.

on a VERY outside chance, if we need to, Mat Gamel plays well, starts in right field, and Corey Hart moves over and plays some center. it'll probably happen.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

He played CF in HS and early college IIRC. That's the only reason I suggested it. It sounds as though he can play the position. If the opportunity to obtain a stud 2B arose, maybe he would consider it.