Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr. Postman
    I was not expecting much from Flynn, but he really impressed me. Had to be pretty intimidating for him to have his first start against the Patriots. With a little more experience I also think he will be a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTom View Post
    I have to say that I put zero wins on the poll for the packs last games but, if Flynn is playing them I want to change that to 1 or 2 wins.....I wonder if AR will be cleared to play the next game , if so I will stick with my zero wins for the rest of the games....I REALLY think Flynn will become a GREAT player !

Please tell me you're drunk so you have an excuse for the stupidity you just posted. You really think that the packers have a better chance of winning the last two games w/ Flynn as the starter over AR??????? Lay off the drugs buddy. Flynn may have played decent today but the last 2 mins. shows the inexperience that he has and will have for a long time to come. I'm not saying that w/ AR playing today the pack win, but I do konw that the last 2 mins of the game would've been managed a lot better.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    Please tell me you're drunk so you have an excuse for the stupidity you just posted. You really think that the packers have a better chance of winning the last two games w/ Flynn as the starter over AR??????? Lay off the drugs buddy. Flynn may have played decent today but the last 2 mins. shows the inexperience that he has and will have for a long time to come. I'm not saying that w/ AR playing today the pack win, but I do konw that the last 2 mins of the game would've been managed a lot better.

We shall see! Plenty of back up QB's went on to become GREAT players.

Another 3-4 point loss. If that damn Rodgers could just be a "winner" and win these close gam...oh wait.

Flynn looked solid for a first start in that environment. Held the ball too long on many plays but can you expect any more? Defense played tough for awhile. I didn't expect this kind of game, glad to see they came prepared and ready to play as opposed to last week.

I haven't looked into tie-breakers but if the Packers win the last two I'd think they are in, since they'd have the advantage over the Giants on head to head.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Flynn

Matt Flynn was making his first National Football League start -- think about that for a moment. He was doing it against what is probably the best team in the NFL right now. On the road. Against Tom Brady -- a future Hall of Fame quarterback. Bill Belichick -- a future Hall of Fame coach known for his defense.

Post whore
    How embarassing the way Flynn looked and his actions on that last play. You can't even call it a play. Wait what should I do? Time out, oh we have none. Ok I'll just run the play where I get sacked and fumble. Yea, oh yea I really like that one. We had that game. If we would have won, that game would have been the game and upset of this season. Funny when the Offense LM almost ran the kickoff back for the TD. When they said he looked like a small kid holding a really large ball had me rolling. Great game even tho we lost. Good job to the whole team ESP Flynn

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Look at all the back up quarter backs and starters that flynn out performed today! He may be inexperienced but he certainly played well. Looked like our run game was going for once, and hats off to kuhn!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

way too many fylnn swingers already! The game was close and good yes, but I would say alot had to do with the Patriots not being able to prepare for Flynn! There is probably NO game tape at all to watch and learn from so he was a mystery to them as far as game play goes. He wont be that lucky again although it was a fun game to watch. The Pats study qb game tape HARD and the worst thing for them is a qb that hasnt taken a single snap.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    He ALMOST wins 1 games a some of you guys think he's the greatest ever.

Wow.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    flynn was serviceable at best. Really...he is a decent game manager. But he's too small, too weak an arm, and doesn't have enough tools to make it as consistent starter in the NFL.

Just as I had said earlier, it's not unusual to come in for a back-up to come in and make a short-term impact (recall anthony dilweg came in for a couple exciting turns) due to the fact that no one has prepared for you, and they generally run a different look that defenses have not scouted yet; flynn's performance didn't suggest anything more than that from what I saw last night.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

I'll give him credit for as well as he did. I've seen worse from starters on certain days. I don't think hell ever grow into a starting job, but I think given the situation he's better than nothing. Hey, its the NFL, if you can get that far in a game against a very good team (regardless of tape, experience etc), you must be at least doing a few things well.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

His arm is weaker for sure, I don't know if I agree on the game prep thing too much though. He played most of a game vs Detroit and it looked pretty similar vs the Pats plus it's not like he's Vick coming in for Kolb, hes a pocket passer with a weaker arm than Rodgers and maybe a little less mobile. They obviously tried running the ball more but the passing game was similar enough. The Pats might of come out a little flat too.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by DynoTom View Post
    We shall see! Plenty of back up QB's went on to become GREAT players.
    Yea AR and Favre fall into that mold. I'm not saying Flynn won't become a great QB down the road. What I'm saying is the pack have a MUCH better chance to win games w/ AR then w/ Flynn. Like I said Flynn looked great most of the game, but his inexperience reared it's ugly head on that last play. AR would have called a quick play to get the 1st down (prob would've had the play called before the ball got spotted by the ref), spiked the ball and then went for the winning TD all in the same amount of time. Flynn however having not played in that situation ever bearly got one play off and it didn't work.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    flynn was serviceable at best. Really...he is a decent game manager. But he's too small, too weak an arm, and doesn't have enough tools to make it as consistent starter in the NFL.

Just as I had said earlier, it's not unusual to come in for a back-up to come in and make a short-term impact (recall anthony dilweg came in for a couple exciting turns) due to the fact that no one has prepared for you, and they generally run a different look that defenses have not scouted yet; flynn's performance didn't suggest anything more than that from what I saw last night.
    Problem w/ that logic is that most everyone knew that AR wasn't going to play this week. Even though they didn't announce it until Thursday, it's his 2nd concussion of the year so they weren't going to let him back as easily as last time. This is Belicek we're talking about, he had his team preparing for both AR and Flynn.

Excellent game to watch. I fully expected a blowout and was glad to see it stay close. If the defense was that focused the rest of the year we may have had a few less losses. O line looked way better than last week.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    Problem w/ that logic is that most everyone knew that AR wasn't going to play this week. Even though they didn't announce it until Thursday, it's his 2nd concussion of the year so they weren't going to let him back as easily as last time. This is Belicek we're talking about, he had his team preparing for both AR and Flynn.
    And the problem with that logic is that anyone knew what a game plan centered around flynn would look like.

Yep, most were pretty sure that flynn would be the one playing...but no one had anything beyond best guesses as to what the plan of attack using flynn in the back-up role would exactly look like. The good thing is the packers had more flexibility given that he's been around a couple years so has a more than decent grasp of the offense. He got to take most every snap in practice, so he certainly looked sharper and more in sync with the rest of the team than he did in his time against the lions.

He's an NFL qb, no doubt...but in terms of back-ups, he's no Burnell, hasselbeck, or Brooks...he might be better compared to a Ty Detmer type in that there are probably teams he could start for, but only as a serviceable starter.

If anything surprised me was the relatively strong play of the Oline against a strong Dline...where was that last week?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Flynn can lick balls for all I care. As a backup you should strive to take the starters spot! 3 years in, nows your time to shine, and you lose 2 in a row. Way to step up dude. Why solidify that backup Q/B position? Yea yea he almost took it to the pats, but what if Rogers was at the helm? His chemistry is a lot better with Jennings and Driver and Jones. Our running game was the best I've seen in weeks! Yea the pats had injuries on D, so what. We would have won hands down if Rogers was in. Even given our crappy special teams...
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Armchair QB's make me laugh. Everyone is an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    Flynn can lick balls for all I care. As a backup you should strive to take the starters spot! 3 years in, nows your time to shine, and you lose 2 in a row. Way to step up dude. Why solidify that backup Q/B position? Yea yea he almost took it to the pats, but what if Rogers was at the helm? His chemistry is a lot better with Jennings and Driver and Jones. Our running game was the best I've seen in weeks! Yea the pats had injuries on D, so what. We would have won hands down if Rogers was in. Even given our crappy special teams...

Really??? B/c he was prepared to play against Det!! NO!!! Plus the team was already struggleing when Flynn came into that game. There's the Jennings drop that led to an INT and many other short commings. Hell the pack were supposed to get blown the fvck out agaisnt the pats and they almost won the damn game (W/ THE BACKUP QB!!!) Flynn played really good against them until the last min. when his inexperience really showed.