Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rodgers out for tonight !

Well it looks like with quarterbacks in the NFC north dropping like flies . the Bears will take the division. Can Flynn pull this one off at NE ? Seen weirder shit happen.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I hope Flynn has a killer day to show all the fans he can play. But having your starting QB out that know the offense the best etc is gonna hurt. I think the Pack's hope of playoff games are done. Too bad cuz it was a pretty good season for them overall
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Packers are gonna get pounded. Would have even with Rodgers in.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the upside as I see it is that they've probably prepared flynn with play and set's that the patriots haven't seen, scouted, nor prepared for...and in the NFL, I don't care who you are, if you dont scout and scheme for an incoming team, it's gonna hurt.

that's not to say they'll win...it's not even to say that's what they definitely done. But there is a reason why back-ups tend to do okay for a little while...

but I'm not even going to watch too closely today
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    It's no secret that the Packers run game sucks. Plan of attack? Pass x 10, run, pass x 10, run, pass x 10. They're gonna put pressure on him to say the least.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    if they pressure Flynn even a little he'll throw a couple picks today and that combined with our stellar running game should make for a blowout
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    if they pressure Flynn even a little he'll throw a couple picks today and that combined with our stellar running game should make for a blowout
    It's what I'm expecting.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Plan of attack? Pass x 10, run, pass x 10, run, pass x 10.
    I would highly doubt you'll see the typical play calling w/ flynn in there if simply to keep him from being exposed to hits/sacks and protect him from injury. Plus, no one is so unimaginative as to think that flynn has any chance of running the packers passing game the way rodgers does.

My guess is that few of the formations will look or sound familiar. Probably more dual tight end sets, more receivers lined up close to the line, more emphasis on receivers outright blocking rather than trying to draw defenders away and opening up the field...and then the occasional attempt to spring someone behind the safety for a deep ball to keep them honest...I don't expect a woody hayes type game where the qb might attempt 2-3 passes...but I'd be surprised to see flynn attempt more than 28 passes even given that they'd likely be down in score and needing the pass.

it'll be a boring game to watch with an attempt to simply try to control the ball with as few turnovers as possible with ultra safe play calling, a game of field position primarily (If this was a highschool game, you'd expect to see "quick kicks" left and right)...and of course, trying to keep brady off the field as much as possible.

But the reality is that the packer D will have to either score, and/or limit the patriots to no more than 2 TD's to have a shot of winning...but this is unlikely. Patriots should have no trouble getting up early, and then this will reduce the opportunities that the packers D will have to create or even happen upon a turnover.

Even given the current spread of 14pts, the patriots are a safe pick for the money. In horse betting I'd say the odds would be 7:1 of the pack winning.

Not 1,000,000:1 odds mind you...but not that good. But ^that's^ the reason I won't watch it too closely...if the patriots win, it'll likely be ugly or a blow-out. If the pack wins, it will be tedious and ugly ugly ugly.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Look what brady did when he came out as a backup. Not saying flynn will be the same but you never know.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Aaron who?
    The game isn't close to being over yet but Matt looks pretty damn good...lol.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Aaron who?
    The game isn't close to being over yet but Matt looks pretty damn good...lol.
    Agreed!

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Dear lord is this a game... if our defense steps it up... we could make it happen.

Post whore
    Here we go guys. Were in it for the fucking win! Go pack!

Flynn fail!
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Blog Entries
    Pissed...great that matt flynn played well...but he was no arron rodgers.

Need the mother f'n bears to lose tomorrow...
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteThunderZ28 View Post
    Flynn fail!
    Not bad for a NFL first start.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Can the Packers just get blown out? Makes watching them a lot less stressful.

Check out GB's point differential (best in NFC):
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings
    If only this lead to victories.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

that sucks! what a shitty way to lose but a great game though!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    A great game to watch none the less!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Flynn

I have to say that I put zero wins on the poll for the packs last games but, if Flynn is playing them I want to change that to 1 or 2 wins.....I wonder if AR will be cleared to play the next game , if so I will stick with my zero wins for the rest of the games....I REALLY think Flynn will become a GREAT player !