Local evo tuning?

Anybody around here able to tune an evo? I don't really want to drop the $ on a full dyno tune until after I upgrade the turbo and up the boost, nor do I have time right now to make a trip to green bay or chicago.

It is an evo8 with light mods. I do have a tactrix cable and will be installing a wideband soon.

If you can help me out, lemme know! Thanks-Garrett
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Congrats on selling the car and moving into something new
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    I could possibly help you. I may still have the tunes off of my evo we could load as a baseline. It would obviously help if you had the wideband installed.

If you are interested i could also hook you up with my old E85 tune i had done at AMS. Car was a bolt on Evo 9 turbo, rolled 360/370 to the wheels.

Check out evolutionm.net if you haven't already. Awesome site for anything you wanted to know and more about evos.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

^Yeah I've been reading quite a bit over at that site. In the meantime I've set up a laptop with evoscan and ecuflash, logged a few pulls etc. I had to raise the fuel cut because I was maxing out the load after the cams went in. Other than that I dug up some timing maps with cars that had similiar mods and slightly retarded the timing map in spots to keep it safe. Hoping to get the bung welded on my downpipe soon so I can install my wideband and start playing with the fuel map.

If I could check out your maps that would be great. Was your car an evo9 with the mivec or an 8 w/9turbo?

e85 would be fun, but the last time I searched the closest station that sells it is over 10 miles away.
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Congrats on selling the car and moving into something new
    Thanks man, hope to see you at road america in '11
    '94 6 liter 7 sold!
    '04 evo rs
    ml55 amg

Post whore
    It was an 8 with a 9 Turbo. I'm away from my computer for a few days but I can send them next week.
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers