ATV snow plows now legal in Wisconsin

ATV snow plows now legal in Wisconsin

By The Associated Press

Dec. 13, 2010 2:06 p.m. |(0) Comments

Madison - All-terrain vehicle owners who use their ATVs to plow snow can do so legally in Wisconsin this season.

Under new state rules adopted this year, drivers with a snow removal device attached to their ATVs can operate them on sidewalks or public roads up to two miles under certain circumstances. The ATVs need to have a flashing or rotating yellow light and must be operated on roads with a posted speed limit of 45 mph or less.

Wisconsin ATV Association president Randy Harden said the law change just formalizes what many drivers were already doing. The Appleton Post-Crescent reported that the rules run from Oct. 1 to April 30.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Up to 2 miles from what? Your own house?

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    very cool!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    Up to 2 miles from what? Your own house?
    Yup.

Time to fabricate a lightweight "snowplow" and light for the Raptor 700R lol.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, I might consider getting one so as to have something fun in the summer/winter that can offset the it's own cost during winter months. Teach the wife how to plow...put her to work!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I used to plow with an ATV and spent more time and money fixing broken shit than people were willing to pay. For your own house if you know where all the bumps and such are, maybe, but uneven concrete tears the hell out of the plow skags, spring-loaded or not... .

Sweet!
    2012 F150 Eco Boost Screw 4x4 6 1/2 Bed--Line X--

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    I used to plow with an ATV and spent more time and money fixing broken shit than people were willing to pay. For your own house if you know where all the bumps and such are, maybe, but uneven concrete tears the hell out of the plow skags, spring-loaded or not... .
    I tried to tell this to my dad, who insists on using his on the most broken-up driveway on Earth. It f's everything up.

i'll stick with my lawn mower and plow works just fine
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

We modified a 54" John Deere garden tractor blade to a Polaris 500 Magnum for my buddy who lives on Puckaway. Thing clears a path across the lake, to the bar, back to fice fishing area and a 1/4 mile stone driveway. Only thing that breaks is your face from the freezing wind off lake
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...