Change the water level in the toilet?

My water level in my toilet bowl seems to have gone down sometime within the last couple of weeks. Is there any way to raise the level in the bowl (not the tank)? I'm sick of the shitstains in the bowl because the water is down.

It depends on your float type and what adjustments your valve has. If you have a ball float like the one pictured below you can either adjust the float adjustment screw if it has one, otherwise you can bend the float arm upward.

If you have the newer donut style float like the one pictured below the screw that connects the float to the valve can be adjusted to raise or lower the water level.

Every time I "raise" the level of my bowl, the water is yellow like Milwaukee Best?
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    next time im there i will leave a steamer in the crapper that will raise the water level for sure

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Upper Decker LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post
    Every time I "raise" the level of my bowl, the water is yellow like Milwaukee Best?

Money Comes and Money Goes,
    But Rat Fink is Forever
    "There isn't a man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." Henry Ford

Here is a pic, the water is already at the top, actually flows just a tad over the overflow tube. How can I raise the bowl level when the tank level is like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    next time im there i will leave a steamer in the crapper that will raise the water level for sure
    I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post

If it don't break the water line in the bowl your a amateur. I remember you being pissed when I did that in your basement bathroom.

Danno, it looks like your at your highest setting. Maybe go with the newer style? I'm thinking that the water level in the bowl cant be adjusted.
    Last edited by Gregor; 12-11-2010 at 11:06 PM.

If it is constantly overflowing into the fill tube, your toilet should be running constantly but more notably, it should also be filled as full as it's going to get. You can turn that screw (clockwise IIRC) about 1/2 turn at a time to get that level down about 1/2" below the overflow or so. Then check that fill tube (the flexible rubber one) and make sure it's not clogged.

If all that checks out and the water level isn't to your liking, time to go shitter shopping.