The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

How long to freeze?

When I run my sleds, I mainly have taken them down to my boss's place off Tichigan, and run the Fox up towards the north. Its probably my favorite place to ride; high speed, wide open and its length gives you plenty of miles to ride.

Is there a site that lists what rivers are safe to run, or or how to locate more places to ride? I tend not to ride trails, as many I've been on (largely the ones up by kettle morain) are extremely narrow and lower speed.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

not that im aware of... the fox river is your best bet in the area.. or u can go up to jefferson and ride the rock river, which alot of ppl do. as of tuesday we measured 6in of ice on phantom lake in mukwonago. so its freezing fast. idk about the rivers tho
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

i live right on tichigan i'll let you know when i get out on the ice i'm waiting on a wheel for my fifty then i'll be out on the ice
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

cool man, let me know; I didn't get out last year and I've been jonesin' to ride this year.

when i had my sleds all i did was tear up the ice. my xlt's were perfect for the ice. my viper not to much more or a powder sled but still all i did was go fast

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    i live right on tichigan i'll let you know when i get out on the ice i'm waiting on a wheel for my fifty then i'll be out on the ice
    Yeah, my buddy is right off of Tichigan Marsh. When that freezes (it is all connected with the lake anyhow) I will be out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

word.
    I got out on the ice there about 2 years ago for the first time (was only my 2nd season with a sled) and had a blast. My little Indy hasn't seen much powder, just the occasional few inches if I get out before everyone else has torn it up that day

if you can get on the marsh thats fun to run but i usually wait until the river gets some nice ice on it before i run the marsh to tichigan. only one year did i think i was cool and took the river down into waterford and found me ALOT or open water. just pin and hold the fuck on! i made it back the same way looking at the way i had come since the ice all broke as i rode over it!

oh yea my old neighbor was out yesteday before all the rain ice fishing soo its gata be getting close. i know theres atleast one open spot cuz i was hearing geese last night still