Home theater in this room

We bought our house a few months ago, the layout really sucks as far as home theater possibilities. I have an Onkyo 7.1 setup but I dont see any way I will use all 7 channels, I have the 2 fronts next to the TV, the center is under the TV, sub is behind it. My problem is the surround speakers, I guess I will put one behind the top of the couch by the part wall (farthest end from the window) and one on the wall by the lighswitch? Anyone have a better idea? Im hoping for at least some surround speakers but I dont plan on using all 4.

They make Lamps with wireless surround speakers built in. I think my cost is about $200ea. Might be an option.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Wow, those would be cool but I cant spend that much. I'm thinking flatwire and just deal with what I have to work with unless....

Center the tv on the red wall, take it out of the corner. I realize youll lose a couch or loveseat but that will make that room a lot bigger. After that, you have the perfect layout for a 5.1 system. Also, get a wall mount and get rid of the stand, that will make the room bigger too.

I kinda like that idea but then where do I put the DVR, the home theater, the wii and the VCR? What about the center channel speaker?

you can mount the center channel under the tv on the wall, should have a spot to put screws in it. The other stuff you can keep in the stand, the tv higher on the wall will make the room look bigger.

Is your basement finished? I see that you have vaulted ceilings, Just install the wires in the wall and you dont need wireless. Mount the tv on the wall, run your cords in the wall along the joists and up the corner. Smaller stand for the av gear and place the sub under the end table.

Basement is fully finished.

what about a sound bar that places all speakers and sub under tv I have heard alot of good about them?

something like this there are other brands our walmart has a vizio(sp) brand for around 100.00 but cant find it online
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-HT...ndbar/14017716
    Last edited by xxtremeteam; 12-11-2010 at 11:45 PM.
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)