Running hidden surround wires?

I need to run wires for my surround, I have the capability to run 7.1 but I am thinking I will just do 5.1 due to the layout in my small living room. Anyway, our basement is fully finished so I cant run wires down and then back up for the surround speakers, has anyone used the flat speaker wire thats available? Any other options for running surround speakers where you cant get down through the floor?

You could run the wires under the carpet, or behind the baseboards. If you don't have baseboards you could add some?
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

i would run it under the carpet around to the back of the room, or you could always get a wireless adapter to make the rear speakers wireless. I have never used one, but I have heard they don't always work 100% of the time.

Do you have an attic? That's how I'm running mine, tv mounted to fireplace so only way I can go is up
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Member...Bout time
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Do you have an attic? That's how I'm running mine, tv mounted to fireplace so only way I can go is up

Same here....

The flat wire works fine.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

I used the flat wire under my carpet in our old house. The wire eventually broadcast through the carpet and pissed me off.

If I had to do it over again, I would try to tuck the wire between the tack strip and the basebaoard. Baseboard should be installed approx 1/4" -3/8" above the plywood, allowing space to tuck it in there, just dont use to heavy of a gauge wire.

Then restretch the carpet.

Done

Sounds easier than it really is but can be done.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.