Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile 2010 sled build thread :) that time of year again!

soo this is how it started. last year i had a 2007 yamaha phazer fx all done up. right after i had everything powdercoated i posted it online to show it off, and well, someone thought they liked it more then me and offered me money for it that i couldnt pass up. I NEVER even got to ride it that way. my intentions were to sell it but i didnt think it was going to happen before december. So i waited till after the new year to purchase a 2010 after the price went down some. Some of you may remember i picked up a 2010 Skidoo Renegade Adreneline 800r. now... this thing FN RIPS! so since i tinker with everything i own heres the build thread

the day i picked it up.. grandpa machine

after the first 2 weeks i owned it i installed a shorter windshield, hand gaurds a 137x16-1.75 track and 7in wide "powder hound" skis. this is the way it sat all summer.

action shots

2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

this time around i had powdercoating done to the a arms, spindles, suspension components, rails, and bumpers. i dropped the gearing for the track and also i dont need a sled that goes 118mph for what i do. next thing i did was i modded the factory pipe. on this sled it has an internal stinger that makes it much quieter and maybe rob some hp? i cut it open and removed it, welded it back togeather. i also added a cpi "twin" silencer to make it sound saweet! all my parts are supposed to be here wed, so there will be an finished product come wed/thurs

this is the current state..

You need to invest in your own powdercoating setup!

Mike at hy-tech powder coating has been really good to me. I can't complain on what he has charged me to do the last few things. I don't think if I did it myself that it would hold up to what iv hit/put it through. I think ill leave it to the professional lol

Is your renegade hard to work with? I saw one at a dealership and couldnt find out how to get to the engine lol.

1983 5-SP GT - 1 of 1001
    351w - H/C/I - boosted

no not all, there is a trick tho lol

new plastic

finished product

Looks nice. I'm jealous
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

Thanks! the pics really do no justice of how florescent that color is. Its what I call grave digger green. When its parked in the snow it literally glows

Looks bada$$

looks sick. i could have done the powder coating for you. i do it for a living. i dont know if we have a sweet green like that though. that looks awesome
    2008 Corvette Z06 (supercharged)
    2007 infinity G35x
    2006 honda cbr 1000rr
    2000 honda civic (daily driver)

dont powdercoat aluminum. it def makes it weaker.. all i did was "hop off" a snow bank.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    damn that thing is fucked!!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    dont powdercoat aluminum. it def makes it weaker.. all i did was "hop off" a snow bank.
    I thought yoou were smarter than that? I guess your brother mike would have known that!
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    powder coating AL reduces it's strength?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    powder coating AL reduces it's strength?
    yes, i found the info n explaination online by BBS wheels n the reason y they paint there wheels

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    yes, i found the info n explaination online by BBS wheels n the reason y they paint there wheels
    Shouldn't your guy or company that does the coating know that? And warn you about it or at least inform you the customer about it...

when powder coating after the parts are painted they have to be baked in an oven no lower than 350 degrees then let cooled thus making the pieces weaker
    2008 Corvette Z06 (supercharged)
    2007 infinity G35x
    2006 honda cbr 1000rr
    2000 honda civic (daily driver)

2011 hAS WAY BETTER RAILS and stronger on the RS only!
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car