Badgers and the Rose Bowl

Well looks like they are one half of football away from the Rose Bowl (assuming BCS rankings stay the same). Finally, first time since 1999. Way too long of a gap there.

Bielema scored huge points this year, beating both Iowa and Ohio State in the same year. OSU still dominates the conference as of late, but Badgers are definitely a team to be reckoned with.

On Wisconsin!
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

fingers crossed for rosebowl birth way to long since 99
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Correction: First Rose Bowl since 2000, first B10 title since 99. (Badgers went to and won Rose Bowl in 99 and 2000).

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't follow the BCS thing too closely...so I was a little worried about how it might have worked out had Wisconsin won small yesterday and Ohio state pulled ahead in the BCS...

so my questions are these:
    1. Was there much chance Ohio state could have pulled ahead in the BCS?
    2. Would this resulted in THEM going to the rose bowl, and us getting another at-large BCS bid?

it all seems moot now since all three contenders won, and it appears that the BCS standings should hold.

My parents live just west of Pasadena in Burbank...so my buddy and I might either road trip or flyout and stay with them and try to get to the game....
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

No, there wasn't much chance OSU could have jumped us. Yes it's possible, but we were 0.5 points ahead in the BCS (Stanford was only 0.007 ahead of us). OSU would have needed to beat Michigan by more and we would have had to lose or barely beat NU.

Yes, OSU would have gone to the Rose Bowl if they had the highest BCS ranking and we would have gone to the Sugar Bowl.

Oregon and Auburn still have a game next week so anything could happen. But right now it looks like Wisconsin will play TCU in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State could play Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl.

Woot woot badgers are fr***en dominating this season.

1983 5-SP GT - 1 of 1001
    351w - H/C/I - boosted

I like how they are out scoring the basketball team.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

They are playing awesome and I'm happy, although they've only really beaten a couple good teams so that's tempering my excitement. If they can beat TCU or whoever they face in the Rose Bowl that will make the season much more impressive.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares