Need to run a gas line to the garage, help?

So does anyone here work with gas lines? Looking to run to the garage and need a rough idea what I need. I do plan on getting the permits and what not. Just need the know how.

Ive been looking into this also. I am running a line of 1" about 80 feet. yellow PE pipe is available from suppliers and Grainger. The fittings are the expensive part. I am at approx $500 in parts, plus trenching.
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

One thing to think about is what you are feeding and what size you might need. You don't want to starve anything else that is needed. All depends where you branch it off from. I think I used a 1/2" line to mine for my garage modean heater, but the heater will not use half what the pipe can support.

Dan
    Headers are in with no Catz and the Electronic Borla Plate is a GOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by y2kws6 View Post
    One thing to think about is what you are feeding and what size you might need. You don't want to starve anything else that is needed. All depends where you branch it off from. I think I used a 1/2" line to mine for my garage modean heater, but the heater will not use half what the pipe can support.

Dan
    What he said ^^^

There are flow calculators online that will tell you what size pipe you need.
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

Also the pipe should be Grounded !!!

I was recently in a home where the owner installed a big ass pool heater, he wanted me to check the gas pressure of the Furnace while the pool heater was on..

Furnace needed 3.5" wc to operate to achieve 90% efficiency, while the pool heater was on it dropped to 3.0" wc and I told him " well I have bad news it dropped .5" wc "

I just got a look like " Yea so.... I don't care... I mean you have 5 years experiance and well me I know nothing but yes I AM RIGHT "

I just said well ok its your stuff !!!

Moron !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches