┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

Packers release Harris

Discuss
    1968 Camaro 383

Good.... and tell him to cut his hair.

He was probably unable to come back from his injury (ala Robert Brooks).

It's too bad, but really it all comes down to money.
    He makes too much, he is 35 yrs old, and the younger guys have really stepped up while he was out.
    Last edited by 77thor; 11-10-2010 at 08:00 AM.
    1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build

The story on their website sucked ass....All it said was he was released. Didn't say that it was bc he couldn't come back or bc they didn't want him back (ala Shawn Merriman in SD)
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    I just watched the press conference and McCarthy said there is no doubt in his mind that Harris will play for another team.

A reporter also said that Harris told them that he doesn't feel like they have been straight with him throughout the process but McCarthy says they were.
    1968 Camaro 383

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    It's cause he isn't any good anymore and doesn't play special teams.

He was getting beat alot last year before his injury. Not a loss in the least. Saves them 2 PI calls a game.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

In Ted We Trust

86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I'd say more like in Dom Capers you should trust. That guy is coaching his ass off. He has been working with jack shit all season and has schemed to their strengths. Based on talent level and depth the D has no right playing as well as they have. He keeps this up and he'll be head coaching again next year.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    X2 no tears will be shead here. I'm sure we can all remember some of his penalties.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

One of the most overrated players in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    similar to what i said about 3 years to late and hope he cuts his hair for his next job
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

wow, harsh words for a guy that helped anchor this defense for a long time. his style was physical, which matched the defense he played in. some stupid penalties? yes, most definatly. but his overall play helped us a TON more then it hurt us. he got released to get a chance to play somewhere else. Williams is the starter, they like the rookie, and like it was said, he doesn't play special teams. thanks for a good career, good luck to you.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Definetly appreciate all he did for the team. For a while there he was the best Defender they had.

I personally think he's better off moving to safety if he wants to extend his career. He just doesn't have the speed to keep up anymore. Unless he can chuck the guy on the line, he's meat. And that was before the knee getting blown out. Can't imagine that made him faster.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

\/ What amazing looks like \/

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    I'd say more like in Dom Capers you should trust. That guy is coaching his ass off. He has been working with jack shit all season and has schemed to their strengths. Based on talent level and depth the D has no right playing as well as they have. He keeps this up and he'll be head coaching again next year.
    What he said! ^

Al has done his thing for the packers and has done it well. The injury he had is a carrier ender for most. I have a lot of respect for him and thing he is a standup player in a legue full of douchebags. He did text to espn radio in milwaukee stating there are no ill feelings towards green bay. There shouldn't be. They patched him up and got him back to game form. They could have said.. that's it and washed there hands of him specially for his age. I would hate to seem him sit on the bench and watch sam shields dominate. I can honestly say id rather see him play on another team then watch him sit. He is fun to watch and he plays dam hard.

I got the chance to meet him 2 or 3 years ago during training camp and he was very good with fans, took his time to talk, and not run off to the locker room like most of the players did.

I wish good luck to him.
    Last edited by That_Guy; 11-08-2010 at 08:14 PM.

not that i feel it's a huge loss, how many times will players bitch about the packers front office communication before something gets done about it?
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Capers is doing a hell of a job, I agree. Lots of football left so we'll see if he becomes a head coaching candidate again. I could see it but I think the league has trended away from re-tread and older coaches in recent years. I think the Peter principle applies here, as with many coaches.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares