its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar

dual climate controls on 00 grand cherokee

wifes truck has great heat pumping out the drivers side but the pass is ice cold, i was reading up on the net and some people say u have to drain all refigerant and remove dash. But then there is another kit where u cut it and reseal it without dash removal, my ? is for the mopar guys is there anyway to test if its the motors or the blend door and is there seperate blend doors for pass and drivers side and will this work for me if so http://www.denlorstools.com/autoblog...d-door-repair/

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

There are seperate blend doors. The design is basically one door cut in half with a divider between them and they have seperate actuators. you can see the passenger side actuator if you drop the glove box, the drivers side one is against the firewall.

I have done the CUT kit, it isnt too bad, The steps are pretty straight forward, drop the glove box and cut a section out of the box, replace both doors, re-Insert the secton you cut out and seal it with supplied tape. My suggestion is if you do it, use a hot knife to do it, not a drill bit and saw as the steps call for. If you have any questions or need any help, just shoot me a PM.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

sounds good yea when i just tried the temp for driver side i can hear the door moving pass side one is nothing just quiet, but i read that if it breaks the actuator faults to do nothing with a broken door is this also correct? Just dont want to cut it open and all is good inside ya know.

RB I had that problem on my 2000 limited before I dumped it last year. I got a very good quote from Jeff at Late model throttle....about half of what the stealership wanted. This would be done the correct way.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

well it needs fixed ill send him a pm and go from there

BTW Brent who works with Jeff is a certified Chrysler tech and works at a dealer.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

i sent him the vin just waiting now good way to spend a good chunk of change before x-mas

better than your passenger freezing their azzes off!
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Tony,

If we do setup a date, let me know in case I have to order the blend door.

Jeff

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

will do jeff, i have a work truck so the jeep can sit and the wife can use the t-blazer just need to get the cash together or pull the trigger on cutting box apart which im kinda scared to do actually

well dropped truck off at LMT having them fix this and do a trans and t-case flush, that place if friggin huge and jeff was super nice to shoot the **** with