DNR Cust.# the same a Hunter Cert.#?

Hey is the DNR Customer number the same as a Hunter Certification number?

Some stores are giving me a hard time with my Hunter Certification Card because it's faded and they can't read the number, so I give them my old fishing license that has my DNR Customer number on it and give me the "It has to be the Hunter Certification Card" BS.

I know it's required that I must have it when getting a license but it's faded to plain white almost. All you can read is Wisconsin Hunter Safety Certification, with my name but the number is gone.

Oh BTW: they tried running my name with my DL, but their computer system doesn't go back that far???
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

Gas costs more than drugs..... team beater's Avatar
    It's the same
    I spend to much money on auto storage!

I had the same issue when getting my bow license this year. The stores can actually print a new card for you. I had to get the dnr customer service in the phone and walk the stores staff through it because they were stupid.

I tried to get Gander to print me off a new card but they said their computers don't show me having a Hunter Safety cert.

Their excuse was that their computers don't go back that far... WTF? I did the cert. back in 1994.

I went on the DNR website to try to buy my Hunting License and it will let me, but I don't want to pay $27.00. So most likely I'll try a different store.

150 RESIDENT GUN DEER
    [This license will be sent to you by mail within 7 days from today] $24.00
    154 ANTLERLESS HERD CONTROL TAG
    [This license will be sent to you by mail within 7 days from today] $0.00
    50 CONVENIENCE FEE $3.00
    Total: $27.00
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

There is somewhere on the DNR site to request a replacement hunter ed card.

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Ya I looked for it, found the link, went through the BS and didn't see anything in the sales area for buying a replacement cards, just licenses.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

My hunter safety card crumbled years ago, but im old enough not to have the hunters ed req
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

This is why I always keep last years lic. Then all you gotta do is give that to them.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Well I talked to the DNR and it turns out I had 2 different numbers, so I had them merge all of the old number information to the new number and now I should be able to reprint my card right?

WRONG!
    Gander Mountain still couldn't find the box for a reprint of the Hunter Cert. Card as also I...
    WTF! Now it's looks like I will have to go down-town and see what the hell is going on...
    Tax dollars hard at work there..........

They can't manage a Deer heard and now it looks like that they even manage this!
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

I had my printed at Fleetfarm in Germantown.

My DNR Customer # is definitely different than my hunter ed #. The DNR# is set up like a SSN# while the hunter cert # is only like 5-6 digits. I think you have to go to a DNR station to get a reprint of the card. There's one down on MLK (N. 3rd) and North-ish area 2300 North MLK Drive. They should also be able to load that # onto your info so when a retail outlet pulls up your name, etc., the cert # is loaded.

I called the DNR on Monday and they got everything straightened out and gave me a new number.
    Turned out that when I talked to someone last time, they didn't complete it properly.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!