Thread: Antlers

Antlers

I know, this is weird coming from me of all people, but I am looking for a source for deer antlers. Apparently they make excellent chew toys for the dogs with better benefits over traditional bones (no odor, splinters, etc.).

I figured the hunters in here might know.

Thank you.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Find a local elk farm. I know there is one right down the road from me in erin. There is also another one in lomira

I will be selling these by spring time if it can wait, I am buying in bulk from a few local deer farms but I won't have product till shedding season ( spring time ). Will be selling for the same reason you are looking for them, these are super hot with people spending more on their pets then ever before
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    I will be selling these by spring time if it can wait, I am buying in bulk from a few local deer farms but I won't have product till shedding season ( spring time ). Will be selling for the same reason you are looking for them, these are super hot with people spending more on their pets then ever before
    What do you think, price-wise?
    --Michelle--

Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

BCM people will get hooked up, It will be far less then you can get them at the pet stores thats for sure. At Central Bark they sell them for close to $60/lb, I am thinking closer to $8/lb
    Last edited by pOrk; 10-24-2010 at 12:54 PM.

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

BCM people will get hooked up, It will be far less then you can get them at the pet stores thats for sure. At Central Bark they sell them for close to $60/lb, I am thinking closer to $8/lb
    I will be stopping over as soon as you have a supply! Have you tried them with your dog yet? I thought you mentioned he is quite the chewer.
    --Michelle--

Levin goes nuts over them, has one has has been working on for months that is holding up great. Pretty smoothed over now, but still chews on it constantly.

Post whore
    My parents had a deer farm and we gave their dog a small antler and it lasted longer than anything he has ever chewed.. It was just a small dog though..
    1999 Pontiac Trans am

Let me know when you get a supply in as well. I've got an 8 m/o springer/lab mix and she chews threw everything. Thankfully it's just her toys and not shoes etc., but buying toys all the time is getting pricey.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    Let me know when you get a supply in as well. I've got an 8 m/o springer/lab mix and she chews threw everything. Thankfully it's just her toys and not shoes etc., but buying toys all the time is getting pricey.
    Look up goughnuts brand dog toys, guarenteeeeeeed for life. I have the black pill chew and my dog trashes everything but this. Also try the super soft 94 cent squeeky toys from like walmart, if they make noise my dog is super careful with them and they seem to last forever.

Also try the super soft 94 cent squeeky toys from like walmart, if they make noise my dog is super careful with them and they seem to last forever.
    One of ours is just the opposite, if it makes noise it tears it up til it finds and pops the squeaker
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Look up goughnuts brand dog toys, guarenteeeeeeed for life. I have the black pill chew and my dog trashes everything but this. Also try the super soft 94 cent squeeky toys from like walmart, if they make noise my dog is super careful with them and they seem to last forever.
    My dog is the opposite when it comes to toys that make noise. If it does anything she's all over it.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.