Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    awesome ride like the ls for sure

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    More capable than an ls series....no.

That car is sweet that motor looks right at home in there!
    Not trying to argue this, just pointing out it (the VQ) is a very capable motor for sure, definitely one I would consider building. LS1 is cool no doubt and there are at least a few people on this board that can even vouch for me STRONGLY considering putting one (built LS2 setup) in my 240.

For a drag car I do agree the LS/Turbo 400 is the best route. Although to be honest the 350z was never meant to be a drag car.

IIRC someone on this board actually has a pretty bad ass twin setup on a VQ35, and I thought was making over 700whp (or shooting for 700whp+ I forget). Would be pretty cool to see these two go at it (once the LS gets some more PAH ).

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Not trying to argue this, just pointing out it (the VQ) is a very capable motor for sure, definitely one I would consider building. LS1 is cool no doubt and there are at least a few people on this board that can even vouch for me STRONGLY considering putting one (built LS2 setup) in my 240.

For a drag car I do agree the LS/Turbo 400 is the best route. Although to be honest the 350z was never meant to be a drag car.

IIRC someone on this board actually has a pretty bad ass twin setup on a VQ35, and I thought was making over 700whp (or shooting for 700whp+ I forget). Would be pretty cool to see these two go at it (once the LS gets some more PAH ).
    My friend Ryan, who is on the boards with a silver TT Z, has made low 600whp on a heartbreaker dyno. Might be who you are talking about, and he will agree with me about how big of a PITA the VQ is to deal with even though he makes awesome numbers.

Anyone on the forums have experience with the B&M Pro Ratchet shifter?

BCM Cruiser
    nice thread ryan, ea IM THAT GUY hahaha i have had soo many electrical problems...motor issues...this is a relatively cheap/reliable way to go and he is a master at fabrication....car is sick in person and spent waaaay less $$$$
    03 Nissan 350z BUILT Greddy TT
    11.2 @ 128..... slow 2.0 60ft .....
    05 Titan DD

Quote Originally Posted by eltness350 View Post
    nice thread ryan, ea IM THAT GUY hahaha i have had soo many electrical problems...motor issues...this is a relatively cheap/reliable way to go and he is a master at fabrication....car is sick in person and spent waaaay less $$$$
    Awww!

I loved the look on your face when I started it up last night... PRICELESS!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    very cool...not a swap I'd have expected to see.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Just finished installing the line locks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz1q5-v3a64

Quote Originally Posted by Z33Art View Post
    Just finished installing the line locks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz1q5-v3a64
    Very nice!!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    car sounds good
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

It's so weird hearing that sound coming out of that car. I had an 06 350Z GT..
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Just a bit of flavor...

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    very nice set up!

Started stripping the interior for the upcoming season!

The speaker enclosure will be getting cut out of the car very soon!

Been speaking with Ron at Clocks Off Racing to hopefully get a cage put in sometime in the beginning of 2011! Other than that, I am spending the next two to three months stripping all the sound deadener out and installing my new Corbeau seats and Halon fire extinguisher. Also on the agenda for the end of this month is a 16 gallon fuel cell and twin Walbro GSL392 fuel pump setup. Hoping to get a 100-150hp wet shot of nitrous on the car around the start of the race season!

Also have a set of 15x8 wheels and M&H 26-10.5 slicks on the way! Currently desinging my differential brace to help improve my launches also!

Getting there....

Cut the flanges for the brace on a waterjet. The brace is there temporarly as the entire speaker enclosure is getting cut out of the car and the brace will maintain some of the rigidity in the frame. Almost all of the sound deadener is out now and ground down. Just have some sheet metal work to do and mounting my fuel cell and I can paint the interior and start putting it all back together.

In the process of designing my solid differential and subframe bushings. Should hopefully have them done next week!

New rear wheels for at the track!

Just need to decide what tires I am going to use now. I would really like to run slicks but I will have to install a driveshaft hoop then which is not really that big of a deal. Considering drag radials but figure if I am going to do it I might as wheel do it all the way.

Any input from anyone? I need to run a 26" tire due to my gear ratios right now.

Gonna finish removing all the sound deadener and glue this week. Also removing the subframe and differential and removing the stock rubber bushings. Then it's on to designing the solid aluminum bushings replacements and turning them on the lathe.

Cutout 90% of the speaker enclosure today and removed almost all the glue that was under it. Just have to finish in a couple spots where it was spot welded to the chassis.

Got the driver side sheet metal filler panel installed. Turned out very nice in my opinion. Made it from 16ga mild steel on a waterjet. Then made my own dimple die to make the strengthening dimples and add some appeal to the panel. Passenger side should be finished tomorrow.