Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Well just mildly modded termi's may make decent #'s, they are not that fast however given the hp/tq figures. I could totally see a bolt on LT1 thats properly dialed in plus maybe a hot cam kit running with a 450-480 whp termi
    Yeah, basic bolt ons plus a cam and a good tune that sounds more like it
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    4L60E, that was on street tires too. Goodyear Eagles If memory serves me right. When you would launch it, it would hook instantly.

I always thought it was a factory freak and built on a good day. I did see it some years after I lost the car and some teenager from IL had it. I knew it was mine cause of the cracked front end and the Chevy Bowties on the doors.

I did write the time it ran and the date behind the speaker panel on the driver side. It also had the black and red interior and black and red exterior with t tops.
    I used to think the same thing about mine. It always seemed a little more beasty compared to other LTs. I mean seriously man I know of some major slouch LT1s. Last time I seen mine it was on a trailer, being sold wrecked for about $2500. The guy told me he was going to rebuild it, because honestly it was mostly cosmetic damage, but maybe some frame damage who knows. Wonder if he ever did rebuild it.

Had potential!

Last edited by GHOSST; 10-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Ricer altezas!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    I used to think the same thing about mine. It always seemed a little more beasty compared to other LTs. I mean seriously man I know of some major slouch LT1s. Last time I seen mine it was on a trailer, being sold wrecked for about $2500. The guy told me he was going to rebuild it, because honestly it was mostly cosmetic damage, but maybe some frame damage who knows. Wonder if he ever did rebuild it.

Had potential!

Jimmy your LT1 was beastly after the motor build, it pulled hard, but didnt sound like it had a cam. Who ever you had build the motor it in did a great job. I miss that car, can't wait till you and the SS come home for some top down cruizin next year!

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Ricer altezas!!!
    Close but no cigar. They are solid black/red/white to match the car. They dont even make those anymore, very rare. They looks like the altezza but there was no way I was putting those gay looking things on my car.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

=
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Yup, definitely not those, close, but totally different design. I forgot what they were called, but the company doesn't make them anymore..
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Jesus enough of the LT1 is crap stuff. If the shortblock is stout..have the heads ported and throw in a cam. I made 390ish rwhp on home ported heads and a cc306 cam. My stock rear lasted with my M6 until I put in a dana s60 and I ran DRs for about 30k miles. I think I had about 3k into my heads/cam/headers etc oh and I never had a opti fail but I did replace it when I did the cam swap.
    If you can do the work yourself it will be much cheaper!
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)

Quote Originally Posted by Want_Notch View Post
    eh. spray it until the rods come out
    it takes alot more than most would try..................

my first lt1 was fine with 150-175 shot for more than 100 passes on it(and 120,000 miles) with completely stock motor it would run mid 13s natural,and 12.0s on the kit.
    I ported some heads myself(the famous 30 minute port job)and put a baby cam(211/219@050) and the car ran mid 12s natural and went 11.1-11.2 on the "small" shot.

FINALLY kicked a rod out when i started trying to hit it with 300ish on the heads/cam setup. car was over 4000lbs raceweight

RPM is the real killer of these motors. spray CAN be safe.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Otherwise like Ron said, those AI head/cam packages seem to be a pretty hot topic as of late. I seem to recall a guy going 11's in a b-body N/A with those head/cam package from a little northern WI

And let's say he didn't use the 250 shot, let's say he used a 150 shot, would that make up the 1000lb difference between the two cars? Then again maybe he doesnt even need it.

I personally think if he's gonna try and race it, and he's got $3000, well $2000 for the rear end and then $1000 for the cam and related hardware/tune.
    he ran 11.9s on motor with the caprice,raceweight was over 4000lbs,drove it to GLD from new london Wi. i believe he managed to averege nearly 20mpg on the trip.
    someday i will talk him into a little bit of nitrous....
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Post whore
    I turned my 200k motor to 6900 and it loved every minute :-D It was on the original opti at the time of the cam swap at 180k. I dropped the fucker and broke it when going to put it back on so it got a fresh one, LOL
    2005 DSOM Corvette, Z51, M6, Z06 Mufflers

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Lt1 motors have potential just do your research! I have AI heads and Cam and my car made some pretty good numbers, it was on a built short block. On a pretty mild street set up with a small shot nitrous my car made just south of 600 rwhp and a little north of 700 rwtq.

Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT View Post
    Jesus enough of the LT1 is crap stuff. If the shortblock is stout..have the heads ported and throw in a cam. I made 390ish rwhp on home ported heads and a cc306 cam. My stock rear lasted with my M6 until I put in a dana s60 and I ran DRs for about 30k miles. I think I had about 3k into my heads/cam/headers etc oh and I never had a opti fail but I did replace it when I did the cam swap.
    If you can do the work yourself it will be much cheaper!
    Who ever said it was "crap" ??

He said he doesn't know much, some of the LT1 guys should give him a hand, if he's willing to learn, and you guys are willing to show him. Thats how I learned about my LT1, getting dirty and frustrated learning.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

LT1's aren't crap their just slow no matter how much $$ you put into them.

If you want to modify it without breaking your bank, you should do it on your own so that you can save more. But the disadvantage is you should have time and effort to make updates in your exhaust.

Funny.. I had a LT1 car I would have felt comfortable giving you bus lengths with.
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by HP ADDICT View Post
    Funny.. I had a LT1 car I would have felt comfortable giving you bus lengths with.
    Probably the same amount id have to give that vette of yours.
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 10-27-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Probably the same amount id have to give that vette of yours.
    Anytime you wanna test that theory I'm down. Probably easier for you to talk the talk though huh?
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Hahahaha this has got to be one of the dumbest things i have ever heard! If you ever want to put your car against a SLOW LT1 give me a shout I am ready when u are! To the person who created this thread don't listen to this guy he's all shown us he knows absolutely nothing!

You're not serious, are you?