Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Monstr913 is your profile pic at Skeeter's? If so I loved the burnouts
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

there is nothing wrong with international diesels, like any diesel, do some research on them take care of them and they will last

and the OP didn't say anything about modifying the s**t out of it either....
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

There is no such thing as the perfect diesel p/u. If there was everyone would have it, they all have their flaws.

all have issues it depends on what your willing to deal with.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyedFord View Post
    That sounds like a call out to me!
    Yup
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
    That would be because i just moved back to wisconsin roughly 4 months ago. Just retired from 24 years active duty, diesel engine mechanic...

Currently working for the USPS. Looking for pension number two!

Also im not much into racing nor do I pull, I just enjoy a nice quick truck!
    Hey breecher why do you feel the need for all the different user names. Thought you did not care about being on here?
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WI_Dave View Post
    Monstr913 is your profile pic at Skeeter's? If so I loved the burnouts
    yes it is, it was a fun day and the first set of tires i ever popped. way more fun than i ever thought. not to bad for a 12 sec plow truck.

yea josepy after talking to some guys this weekend thats who we think he is, this awesome truck that no has seen
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

I wouldn't call the 6.4L Fords a pushover. With an intake, exhaust, and programmer they can run 12s pretty easily and the stock trans has been into the 11s.

That being said, if you can get an 06 Duramax at a good price, that is the year to get if you're looking to mod (depending on amount). Better bottom end, better year for the CP3 and no DPF.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

if i could go back i may have waited til i could have found an 06. oh well i still love my lly.
    Brandon

i hate 06 duramax's. gotta love a hair dryer sounding diesel. only truck i would love the owners to keep the mufflers on!
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    thats why I love my wastegated turbo, and it will stay that way even when upgraded.
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

The one thing I do know about diesel trucks is run away from a Ford 6.0. My uncle just replaced his turbo on his 6.0. Sounds like a simple thing to do but I think you have to take the whole engine out which ends up costing a lot. I really like the Duramax's.

Holy Zombie thread Batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

it took me about 20 minutes to have my turbo out?

only reason a turbo should have issues on a 6.0 is if the truck idles a lot they soot up and the vanes stick

for the haters, i have 158k on mine, race tuned since 133k, has stock headgaskets/headbolts and all 8 factory injectors

its not the fastest thing (nor do i want it to be) but it is fun to drive, sounds amazing, and it is super comfy IMO. It has never leaked nor burn any oil or coolant. I drive the piss out of it too and tow a fair amount of weight behind it.
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

I have an 02 Duramax, bought it last spring with 318,000 miles. As of tonight it has 340,000. No leaks, no rust (from Oregon) 20+ mpg on the highway.

Attached Images Attached Images

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

running on "Soy Power" Biodiesel
    2011 F250 Crew Cab Short box 6.7L 7500lb truck
    country road driving 55mph
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

vvt's sound awesome. i love my air dryer. it gets jersey shore type air dryerish at high idle when it's really cold. lol
    Brandon

I just bought a 2012 dodge ram 2500 crew cab long box!! 6.7 cummins diesel, high output, 4.10 gears, automatic trans... is a edge box or a programmer worth buying or should i wory about getting something else to improve power first? Thanks

Schmit692
    duramaxes make power actual easy but trans is fantastic to around 450 at wheels...cummins are fantastic Google and affordable to create a lot of low end power, automated trannies are junk even when designed.... . . . . .