Hybrid View

Senior Member..now yer posting! Monstr913's Avatar
    alright emptypockets how come we've never seen your truck around I know pretty much all the diesel guys in the area between truck pullin, drag racing and anything involving diesels and i only know one guy with a 08 twined but he lives in janesville and is efi tuned...

as far as telling by miles for trucks possibly goin bad its a crap shoot...LB7 are 01-04 and have head gasket and injector issues and are wastegated turbos...04.5-06 are LLYs starting to show headgasket issues and the injector harnesses have been known to go bad on #2 & #7...06-07 LBZ are nice motors but would probably be more then your looking to spend on a mud truck...If you go cummins get a 12 valve P-pump found in 94-98 i believe and will make good power for cheap and easy to work on as its all mechanical injection
    DD: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, ec/lb, Efi live by Duramax Tuner controlled through Edge CTS monitor, 5" MBRP exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake.

Toy: "My Pet Monster" 2001 Chevy 2500hd cc/sb, 2.6 pull truck, more money in it then I'd like to admit.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstr913 View Post
    alright emptypockets how come we've never seen your truck around I know pretty much all the diesel guys in the area between truck pullin, drag racing and anything involving diesels and i only know one guy with a 08 twined but he lives in janesville and is efi tuned...

as far as telling by miles for trucks possibly goin bad its a crap shoot...LB7 are 01-04 and have head gasket and injector issues and are wastegated turbos...04.5-06 are LLYs starting to show headgasket issues and the injector harnesses have been known to go bad on #2 & #7...06-07 LBZ are nice motors but would probably be more then your looking to spend on a mud truck...If you go cummins get a 12 valve P-pump found in 94-98 i believe and will make good power for cheap and easy to work on as its all mechanical injection
    That would be because i just moved back to wisconsin roughly 4 months ago. Just retired from 24 years active duty, diesel engine mechanic...

Currently working for the USPS. Looking for pension number two!

Also im not much into racing nor do I pull, I just enjoy a nice quick truck!

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
    That would be because i just moved back to wisconsin roughly 4 months ago. Just retired from 24 years active duty, diesel engine mechanic...

Currently working for the USPS. Looking for pension number two!

Also im not much into racing nor do I pull, I just enjoy a nice quick truck!
    Hey breecher why do you feel the need for all the different user names. Thought you did not care about being on here?
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x