children's hospital code 7

At children's hospital today. They announced a 'code 7' some people ran around looked in most of the rooms, then they called it off...

Who knows what a code 7 is at children's hospital

Missing patient?
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not really sure...I know code 4 is cardiac emergency, commonly referred to code blue.

Most hospitals use a color code...code black for imminent weather, code gray for possible weather in the area, code pink for baby abduction, etc.

But the fact of the matter is is that most hospital codes are not universal. Most I know of have gone on to colors, but obviously many still use numbers. Same colors mean different things in different hospitals.

My guess based on what you're saying is it was possible abduction/lost child...as a bomb code, hazardous material, or weather would have resulted in very different scenarios to you...whereas with a missing child, no one is evacuated. It was probably a "I lost my child..." to which they were quickly found.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

every hospital has different codes for different situations. either way, you don't have to worry about it. could be anything from a missing patient, to an unruly patient/visitor. anything that would involve you, there would be more information given over the p.a. to instruct visitors to evacuate/etc.
    current rides:

'13 nissan GTR
    '13 GT500
    '09 c6z-06
    '09 escalade
    '85 GT

It is/was a missing/lost person.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Ill just texted my fiance. She works at Froedtert and she had to do rotations through children's when she was in school.

EDIT: She thinks a code 7 is like a code blue in some other hospitals which is when someone is crashing and they need help asap. She cant remember exactly because she hasn't been there in a while. A code pink apparently for a missing child.
    Last edited by Korndogg; 10-15-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    1968 Camaro 383

code pink is missing BABY. code blue is missing child.
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

ok that works too. Like I said she couldn't remember exactly.

But is a code 7 like a code blue in some other hospitals?
    1968 Camaro 383

and at my hospital a code 'adam' is a missing child/infant, code grey is a person with a weapon, a 10-0-6 is an unruly patient visitor, and a code 'brown'---well, you don't want to be responding to a code brown. traditionally a code 'blue' is a patient who's having a cardiac arrest

like i said, its been different at every hospital i've worked at.
    current rides:

'13 nissan GTR
    '13 GT500
    '09 c6z-06
    '09 escalade
    '85 GT

I'm trying to find my fiances code card from children's. Can't seem to find it though.
    1968 Camaro 383

Quote Originally Posted by Korndogg View Post
    I'm trying to find my fiances code card from children's. Can't seem to find it though.

really not a big deal---its not newsworthy. i can guarantee it was either a cardiac arrest/unresponsive patient, or a missing patient. more than likely an unresponsive patient, seeing as how that's the thing that would get a nurse to move that quickly. happens several times a day at large, inner city hospitals.
    current rides:

'13 nissan GTR
    '13 GT500
    '09 c6z-06
    '09 escalade
    '85 GT

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The hospital system I work in is:

code blue: cardiac emergency
    code black: tornado/severe weather in the immediate area
    code grey: Severe weather/tornado warnings
    code orange: hazardous material
    code pink: missing baby-there is a different color for a missing child since they require different search methods.

there is also code green which I believe is unruly person/patient, another color designates general disaster meaning a high influx of patients coming in...

and so many others it's hard to recall...fortunately I'm rarely in the hospitals.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by kirks5oh View Post
    really not a big deal---its not newsworthy. i can guarantee it was either a cardiac arrest/unresponsive patient, or a missing patient. more than likely an unresponsive patient, seeing as how that's the thing that would get a nurse to move that quickly. happens several times a day at large, inner city hospitals.

Yeah it just had me wondering, thats all haha. I can't find her badge anyway though. She seems to think a code 7 is most likely cardiac like you said though. I can't even find my children's code badge. When I helped build the new bed tower we had badges and they gave us code badges also so we knew the numbers for stuff.
    1968 Camaro 383

At Childrens Code 7 is just like a code blue or code 4 somewhere else.

My work does all of thier MEP engineering work, which includes nurse call systems.

Usually the code 7. Depending where it happens will determine the response. If the button is pressed in a patient room the nurse call system tells them what room to respond to. If someone goes down in a hallway or something it can be activated at a nurse station or I think through a phone, either way then there is usualy instructions so that the staff responding knows where to go.

The missing baby / kid stuff is a completely seperate system and has different alerts
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by PonyKiller87 View Post
    At Childrens Code 7 is just like a code blue or code 4 somewhere else.

Wow....so she was right about something for once...
    1968 Camaro 383

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Do they have a code red where they beat a kid with a sock filled with soap?
    Ex-Trans Am owner.