Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pistol options?

pistol options?

me and a buddy been looking at getting semi auto pistols for target shooting. any one know what a good gun or place to get one at a decent price would be? i was thinking a .45 but maybe theres something better?
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Now that sportsmans is gone I'd say Fletchers or Cabelas. Gander and Shooters Shop are over priced. I love my glock and s&w m&p. I also loved my 3rd gen S&W.
    .45 is fine but 9mm and. 40 are both cheaper to shoot.
    Last edited by Rocket Power; 10-13-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Get a hold of Coops brother brian. He will hook you up. His user name is Coops Brother on here.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

or go to www.Gunbroker.com and transfer it through someone locally. That's how I bought my AR receiver. Lots of good deals on GB

i knew .45's were on the pricy side. didn't think about a .40 but i don't want a 9mm. i'm not your typical gangsta

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    i knew .45's were on the pricy side. didn't think about a .40 but i don't want a 9mm. i'm not your typical gangsta
    When people are looking down the barrel of a pistol, they won't care what caliber it is, trust me. 9mm's are cheaper to shoot, and for the "occasional shooter" are easier to shoot well. The more you practice, the better you will be, and the cheaper it is to shoot, the more you are going to do it. I shoot A LOT, and when I have a sidearm on me it's generally a .45 Long Colt Ruger Vaquero (single action 6 shooter old west type gun) out in the wild, or when I have carried for personal protection it's been my custom Glock 22 .40 caliber. That being said, if I had bought a 9mm Glock before my .40 and had customized that, I would have no issue carrying it daily.
    Last edited by STANMAN; 10-13-2010 at 05:06 PM.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

I rock a .45 and I'm happy with it. I didn't worry about intimidation factor (like stan said, they don't know what size it is...I've got the shotgun for that).....but more because I loved how the gun felt. 9's & 22's just don't have the kick I guess that I expect.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

i'm not your typical gangsta
    I didn't say get a gold plated Desert Eagle
    Jamie

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I would call my brother,gun broker is great,if you have a ffl and decent shipper that wont ass rape you. I gurantee your ar lower was more than what my brother coulod have got it too you for.
    if your looking for a handgun thats used i have plenty and may be willing to part with one or more. there is no shipping or transfer fee from me.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

i was looking at a few .380's today and came across a walther on cabelas website. mainly cuz thats all i could get to from works computer. i don't care whether its new or used. price if more the factor .380's are cheap ammo .40 is cheaper me and my buddy just want some serious toys. i may even get rid of my .17 rifle for a handgun think the hand gun would be more fine the rifle is gettign boring to me

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    If you're just shooting target I'd get a 9mm.

it may be false but i've heard there trying to get rid of 9mm ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    I would call my brother,gun broker is great,if you have a ffl and decent shipper that wont ass rape you. I gurantee your ar lower was more than what my brother coulod have got it too you for.
    if your looking for a handgun thats used i have plenty and may be willing to part with one or more. there is no shipping or transfer fee from me.
    I bought 3 (maybe more, I can't remember) firearms from Brian this year and he's a great guy to work with. Great prices too!! Very competitive with anything you'll find on Gunbroker, plus a friendly local face to boot!!

But, now I have my own dealer license.

it may be false but i've heard there trying to get rid of 9mm ammo?
    Good luck on that.
    Jamie

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    I really want to pick up a smith m&p in 9mm. I shot my buddies and I love the fit of it and its really a tack driver if you ask me. I have two 40s one a xd 4" and the other a glock subcompact.."that's right boys I folded" and I love them both. I do have a 9mm makarov that is fun to shoot. That ammo is also pretty cheap to shoot specially when bought in bulk. Springfield makes a great pistol and atleast once a month cabelas has some sort of sale of manufacture rebate deal.

I only paid 250 for my sandw sigma 9 mm from budsgunshop.com and I love it, ammo is waaaaay cheaper then .45 and easier to find then .40 imo
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    I only paid 250 for my sandw sigma 9 mm from budsgunshop.com and I love it, ammo is waaaaay cheaper then .45 and easier to find then .40 imo

^^ Last year I paid $250 for my .40 S&W sigma stainless with 4 clips at Cabelas, Sale was a choice between .40 or 9mm same price. Its a nice gun for the price. I personnally would stay away from a. 380. Just too small.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I like .40SW as it's more relevant than 9mm but cheaper than .45ACP, and you can still find it. But, 5 years ago WWB .40SW was $14 at wallyworld, now it's $30 at a lot of stores.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    i shoot 9mm 40 and 45 357 and none are expensive to shoot,but then again my brother is the bullet fairy lol

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

.40 is only a couple bucks more per box than 9mm thats why i went with the .40. also like wrath said 100 round box of wwb is about 30 at wally world.