Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Stealthy what do you have on there for brakes? I think this is the first cobalt I've seen there?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    That's the spirit! You will have a blast.

As for the online registration. Yea it kind of sucks and never works right. I suggest just emailing Carmen at midwestfbody@gmail.com. Copy and paste all of your registration information into the email so that he has it. Otherwise you can just mail in a printed copy likely with all of the other waivers.
    I am sure I will have a blast. Just need to make sure I bring enough corn wtih me.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Stealthy what do you have on there for brakes? I think this is the first cobalt I've seen there?
    It is going to have brand new stock rotors with HP+ pads. What I am really hoping for is my new Griffin heat exchanger to make here in time. It is designed just like the ones that were on the Time Attack and Koni Chanllenge racing Cobalts.

We are considering extending the discount to BCM'rs
    If anyone's interested, PM me here.
    Thanks, Pat~

Quote Originally Posted by stealthy1ss View Post
    I am sure I will have a blast. Just need to make sure I bring enough corn wtih me.

It is going to have brand new stock rotors with HP+ pads. What I am really hoping for is my new Griffin heat exchanger to make here in time. It is designed just like the ones that were on the Time Attack and Koni Chanllenge racing Cobalts.
    I think it a light car you'll do just fine with HP+. I ran those in my heavy ass goat the last two years and after the second year they were TOAST. But they did hold up. Either way just make sure you are not riding the brakes before coming into a turn.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Member..now yer posting! deuceWI's Avatar
    I'll be running my Mazdaspeed3 again with a fresh set of HP+ pads up front.

They might sound like a bus on the street, but they've worked great for me at RA in the past.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    I will be very carefull Dave. One eye will be on the road while the other will be watching intake temps after the blower. For some reason I have a feeling that I might have to do a few laps at 3/4 speed because she might get a little warm. Also I am hoping to have Turtle ride shotty so that will help a lot as well.
    Just giver her hell. Mine worked great up there. I just need better brakes next time.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    Just giver her hell. Mine worked great up there. I just need better brakes next time.
    Joe I just might have to do a one wheel peel smoke show around a corner just for you.

You guys are bedding these hawk pads in correct???? Mine rarely squeeked and only when cold out. You have to bed in hp+ or higher for numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    How fast did you get up to in the first straight?

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    You guys are bedding these hawk pads in correct???? Mine rarely squeeked and only when cold out. You have to bed in hp+ or higher for numerous reasons.
    x2

FWIW, my HP+ (in the back of my car) were quiet as can be. Never made a hint of noise. The wilwood stuff on the front on the other hand...

Senior Member..now yer posting! deuceWI's Avatar
    Yes . . . .

Long story short, I've given up trying to to make the HP+ be quiet on my car. They're quiet when being abused, and on track perform great, so that's what I use them for. I'll be swapping them back for HPS on the street since my stock pads look like they've seen enough use.

Wait come to think of it the HP+ pads I had on my S10 squeeked alot. But I only drove in with them while I was only leave in Oct 2006. We'll see how these blue's sound. Probably going to install them tomorrow and keep them on until RA.

I am super fucking pumped for tomorrow!!!!! Bed-in the new brakes today and they brake really hard with little effort. Also put in a stock heat range plugs and the car feels much much stronger. Does anyone know of any E85 stations up by the track? I am bringing 10 gallons of summer blend with me but I might need to top off to get home.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    I am super fucking pumped for tomorrow!!!!! Bed-in the new brakes today and they brake really hard with little effort. Also put in a stock heat range plugs and the car feels much much stronger. Does anyone know of any E85 stations up by the track? I am bringing 10 gallons of summer blend with me but I might need to top off to get home.
    I take 57 North. Right before HWY 23, in Plymouth there is a kwik trip that has it. Its on the way assuming you are coming up 57.

Kwik Trip #470
    2480 Eastern Ave
    Plymouth, WI 53073
    920-893-0857

Just want to say thanks to SSMike and Turtle for helping me out on the track yesterday. I had an absolute blast on my first track day and will be back to track the car in the spring. The car did come back with some damage but it was from shooting out fireballs!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Had a good time at Road America, despite the rain for the first half of the day! Having a great instructor for all four sessions helped a bunch. Car ran great. These guys put on a great event.

Special thanks to:
    Bill's Auto Tech
    Vast Performance
    MidWest F-Body Association

Hmm I must have missed stealthy were you there sat or sun? I did see teambeater and cannot.

-Sorry for turning you guys away at first during the touring I didn't know they changed the rule.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Had a great time although the rain really put a damper on things For most of the day I never even put the petal to the floor. I would even try sometimes coming up the front straight and traveling over 100mph I would step on it in 4th and the tires would ignite and rear end would start to rotate. Fucking AWD bastards have it so easy.

At least at the end of the day on Saturday it was starting to clear up a bit and I was able to push it a little harder. My phone says I was 40 seconds faster from the start of the day to the end so clearly although it was still pretty wet out there it was definitely much better at the end.

Overall had a blast though even with the weather, and would definitely like to thank everyone who put the event on. I got a TON of track time with the combination of A+B groups, and as always the communication throughout the event was very good.

I'll be out there for the Spring 2011 event for sure!

I ran the last B session and the open session. This swas after the rain stopped. I'd say the first 3 laps were hairy as shit with the track still wet. By the last 3 the track was getting MUCH better, dry line was great.

The last open session you could easily stay in the dry line. Was a blast overall. I loved it when the track was a little wet with loose spots.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    I ran the last B session and the open session. This swas after the rain stopped. I'd say the first 3 laps were hairy as shit with the track still wet. By the last 3 the track was getting MUCH better, dry line was great.

The last open session you could easily stay in the dry line. Was a blast overall. I loved it when the track was a little wet with loose spots.
    You talking about saturday or sunday?

FWIW I did the last open session on Saturday (until I almost ran out of gas lol) and while it was better than it was earlier in the day I still had the best luck on the wet line except for a few turns like 1 and 13 and 7 to some extent. It was just too slick on the dry line for me everywhere else.