Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post whore
    The biggest thing I hate about Dodge and Chrysler is all their cars and trucks have the same looking front ends. I kinda like the taillights. But Chrysler still builds poor quailty products. The best thing Chrysler/Dodge did through the years was the start of using Denso parts.

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    Was the only car on hand for photo's in an accident? What the hell happened to the side of it? Whatever they were trying to do with the side they failed miserably at. Front looks great compared to before, and the rear I'm undecided about, I guess I'll just have to see it in person.
    Since they made an 10 cylinder Challenger, are we gonna see a drag pack option on this car?
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    The door scallop is supposed to mock a vette? or?? I'm confused.
    Perhaps the scallops mimics this:

Which itself emulates the character lines on these:

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15
    Yes.
    Is it the wires that bother you? That red button perhaps?

Lol at the comments though...
    Well, perhaps you guys should just stick to the 4 door, rwd v8 offerings of ford and gm.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

i think that car looks awesome!!

specs on it?
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    specs on it?
    They haven't released specs on it yet...but safe bet is:

SE and a rally model: 290 or 305hp 3.6 v6
    R/T: 370 5.7 v8
    SRT is slated for 2012: 475hp 6.4

Transmissions are slated to be initially continuing w/ the 5 speed automatics.

SRT models might also start w/ a 5 speed, however they will soon be swapped to a ZF derived 8 speed auto.

As far as lower models are concerned, they may go w/ a outsourced 6 speed auto, a 7 speed derivative of the chrysler 5 speed W5A580, or a less expensive version of the 8 speed auto.

It has been written that 6 speed manuals will be offered in limited models (probably only SRT's), but I have not seen this.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

How are some of you going to hate on a 4 door car for having 4 doors?????

I am going to hold all judgement until i actually see one in person and drive one.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Plum Crazy View Post
    How are some of you going to hate on a 4 door car for having 4 doors?
    Because it shouldn't be a God damn 4 door.

This rendition looks better but it still has to many fucking doors.

Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
    Still should not be a four door.... Ugly as sin.
    I've been saying this since the day they released pics of the first one years back. I may have not been around for the original chargers, but I know for damn sure they NEVER made a 4dr. version. If they wanted to make a sporty 4dr they should have brought back the avenger name or something, not called it the charger.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Blog Entries
    The avenger name was already in use...

I think I'd be ticked if there wasn't a two door LX based car already...but there is, the challenger, the presence of which makes indignation over the car itself moot...leaving only a name issue. The original chargers were large personal luxury coupe/grand touring types cars...which brings us to the next point:

The fact is, there is hardly a market for large two door cars anymore...monte carlo is no longer around, and won't be coming back. What does ford have in such a segment? Japanese makers? German makers do build such a car...but a model in the size and price range of the charger in two door would be financial suicide.

BMW and mercedes have large coupes...but even the small market they have, their coupes make up tiny portions of total sales, so it's a losing proposition.

Basically two door cars will never be totally extinct...but it will never be like the 60's-70's where every size vehicles from the tiny nova's to the large impalas had two door versions of the platform, and all sold quite well.

4 doors are here to stay, and the only way to even have a "charger" on the market (whether the challenger is out there or not) is by keeping it a 4 door.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 10-07-2010 at 11:56 AM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Well, perhaps you guys should just stick to the 4 door, rwd v8 offerings of ford and gm.
    Fine, maybe I will move to Australia...

I will agree as of late big two doors aren't selling so hot. Kind of a shame because I love the e63 M6 and 6 series in general, but BMW is killing the current body style in replacement of something so horribly bland and hideous. The CL is the only other I can think of off the top of my head, and that thing is the definition of bland. Yeah, looks like no more 2 door land yachts.
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily