Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First official images released of the Dodge Charger

Quote Originally Posted by From GMIinside.com
    2011 Dodge Charger: First official images, details released

The hotly anticipated 2011 Dodge Charger has beat a path onto the Internet in a million little ways, but this is the first complete, undisguised look that we have of the redesigned muscle sedan after a seemingly endless stream of spy shots and leaks.

Said to be more closely inspired by the second-generation Charger of 1968-1970, the rear/all-wheel-driver picks up the classic model's full-width rear taillamps but goes without the original's hidden front lighting. That massive 'race track' brake lamp assembly, incidentally, is illuminated via 164 LEDs. The nose appears to be more closely derivative of the outgoing model, albeit with a prominent grille assembly that a bit more proudly ahead of the rest of the front fascia.

Under that big hood, Chrysler confirms that the 2011 Charger will receive both the 5.7-liter V8 Hemi and the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 as expected. All-wheel drive will be available in R/T trim, and the system includes a front-axle disconnect function to aid in fuel economy, meaning that when it isn't needed, the AWD Charger ought to behave like its rear-drive counterpart (albeit with some extra weight from the additional componentry).

The Ontario, Canada-built Charger is expected to rumble into showrooms before the year is out. For many more details, click past the jump to view the official press release.

LINK

1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

formerly known as Madison Dave Cleveland Dave's Avatar
    i think it looks quite a bit better now

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree.

Even being a mopar guy, I was never crazy about the previous gen charger...preferring the magnum to it greatly.

But this really hits the nail on the head! If I had to change one thing I would have been to make the front end, and more specifically the grille/light treatments more evocative of the 69 charger....

I really like the character lines on the hood and the sides that are quite similar to the 2nd gen chargers of 68-70...
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Yes!! I need to get a promotion so I can buy one.!!! So hot!

i like how it has some of the old styling in the taillights and in the door body lines. but still does NOTHING for me.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    the scallop in the doors is hideous! Looks terribly out of place!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    I think it still looks like crap. I tried to like them but I just cannot do it.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I still think the whole sedan concept is stupid, but i must admit that it looks a lot better then the last one.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    I still think the whole sedan concept is stupid, but i must admit that it looks a lot better then the last one.
    Agreed, but the tail lights are a nice touch

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    Still does nothing for me, especially it being a 4-door. Blah.
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    It's better, but like we talked about in the other thread... the interiors are atrocious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    It's better, but like we talked about in the other thread... the interiors are atrocious.
    You've seen the interior already?!?
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

They were digging in the GTO/Monaro parts dumpster for that spoiler i see eh? Its better but not a huge diff towards the better IMHO. The door scallop is supposed to mock a vette? or?? I'm confused. The real one they need to change is that 300c, that thing is largely unchanged since '04 and is played the fuck out.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

The back end makes the new Mustang rear look ''Good"......

2 Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    the scallop in the doors is hideous! Looks terribly out of place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    I think it still looks like crap. I tried to like them but I just cannot do it.
    agreed on all counts. another miss imo.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    What the hell did they do to the back end.

It looks like a challenger is fucking a charger?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Still should not be a four door.... Ugly as sin.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    You've seen the interior already?!?
    Yes.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-interior.html

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Yikes
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Why does Dodge insist on using that shitty tacky grey boring plastic interior... good fucking god.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic