Why doesn't this bolt come out?

This is/was on a '95 Ford Thunderbird (4.6 v8).
    It's the bolt that goes through the bottom of the shock & the lower control arm.
    I got the nut off the one side, and from what I used to, it should just come out with a tap or three from a hammer.

Hell no.
    I actually rounded it out using an impact
    Good thing I was replacing the lower control arm anyway, so I just took off the shock & control arm as one whole piece.

After the assembly was off the car, I took my 3lb hammer and gave it a Ryan Braun swing of vengeance to try and knock it out... didn't even budge.

What is the deal with these things?

_] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Post whore
    If that is a rubber bushing it's seized in the sleeve. If you heat it up you will destroy the rubber. Try soaking it with PB and hope it comes out. I don't know if that bushing is avaible. If it is just ^do what ever it takes it get it out and replace the bushing. Worse case you may need to get another control arm. Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Remember to use anti seize when you reassemble it will help you later if you have to replace anything down the road.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    yea if that goes threw a bushing its rusted in place u will need the strength of god to get it out, or torches and melt the bushing behind it

Built Fords Rust