Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pw_cc_runner View Post
    haha, I've been waiting to see how long it would take someone to say something about this one
    we'll see they might be able to squeeze this one out still.
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 10-03-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    we'll see the might be able to squeeze this one out still.
    yeah and everyone will jump on the bandwagon and proclaim Packers Super Bowl bound, right

oh brother... we got some work to do. I still think this team has potential, but this is an ugly one today.

Yup 26-28 final. Nothing to be proud of there.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

They were really trying to give this one away in the 4th quarter.

It seems as though every time the packers lose a game people say they beat themselves, they gave that one away ect. but when other teams lose its oh the packers were the better team. even though a team has lets say 80 yrds in penalities in the first half and throws a pick 6 and a pick in the red zone. IMO Packers got lucky with Woodson returning that pick in the 3rd.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    IIMO Packers got lucky with Woodson returning that pick in the 3rd.
    Yeah...cause woodson is kind of a hack.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I never said he was a hack. Just saying they got lucky he got that int. Packers were not moving the ball in the second half.

Second half was brutal.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver03SRT View Post
    I never said he was a hack. Just saying they got lucky he got that int. Packers were not moving the ball in the second half.
    See, I disagree. Great players make great plays.

Getting "lucky" on the other had would be something like have a touchdown called back on a bad call...like the lions vs the bear

(ftr, the call was bad because after his second foot hit the ground and he had clear possession of the ball, the ball is a catch. The rule they cited is for catches in the air in which the receivers feet never touch the ground).

Otherwise interceptions and their returns are all part of the game.

Plus, I don't think the packers were totally lost in the second half...when it mattered the controlled the ball, getting first downs as needed and running out the clock. Against divisional foes in what might arguably be the best division from top to bottom, I'll take that everyday. Would I have preferred a score of 35-3? sure. But in divisional games, a win is a win...
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    See, I disagree. Great players make great plays.

Getting "lucky" on the other had would be something like have a touchdown called back on a bad call...like the lions vs the bear

(ftr, the call was bad because after his second foot hit the ground and he had clear possession of the ball, the ball is a catch. The rule they cited is for catches in the air in which the receivers feet never touch the ground).

Otherwise interceptions and their returns are all part of the game.

Plus, I don't think the packers were totally lost in the second half...when it mattered the controlled the ball, getting first downs as needed and running out the clock. Against divisional foes in what might arguably be the best division from top to bottom, I'll take that everyday. Would I have preferred a score of 35-3? sure. But in divisional games, a win is a win...
    Yes you are right that great player make great plays. What I said was the Packers meaning the team got lucky Woodson made that play. Never said Woodson got lucky. I just found it funny that everyone talked shit about the Vikings beating the Lions saying big deal it was the Lions and they suck but when the Packers squeak by with a 2pt win they think its the best win. I've said it since I watched the Bears game that the Lions are not a bad team. They have been in EVERY game this year and in each game one play could have turned the game for them. Also I do agree Lions should have beat the Bears.

Looks like round 2 for the pack.

The penalties sure helped today in the OT.
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 10-10-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Looks like round 2 for the pack.

The penalties sure helped today in the OT.
    They really haven't had a convincing or close to dominant game yet this year. Even the Bills game had that long dry spell. I wonder why they can't put it all together to put anyone away. We could almost be a one win team right now. It has not been good. I am beginning to wonder if they will manage to turn it around or not.

Blog Entries
    They usually come out fairly strong and then stagnate...teams adjust, but the offense seems unable to counter the adjustments...I think in large part due to lack of multiple looks for the run game. Add that with the penalties and there is no surprise that the pack has looked off to finish games.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

I will say though without all the injuries I'm pretty sure the would have pulled it off. But who knows they still lost.

Again....

I really don't think penalties lead to the lose today. yea on the punt they had the penalty for covering the center and then MIA score a TD on the drive. But I think the bigger problem was the fact that Henne got sacked a grand total of ZERO times in the game. They had absolutly no pass rush all game long. I thought they could survive on offence as long as Rogers came back, but with the lose of barnett earlier in the season and now Matthews, Pickett and Poppinga (matthews back-up) they are really gonna struggle.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Oh I was simply refering to them losing again

OK i thought you meant due to penalties
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I enjoy all the bitching about the penalty on the punt yesterday. Ticky tack penalty yes. But how about being more pissed that your players don't know the rule? Give me a break. If you look down and see the ball directly in front of you, move a foot to the left or the right and that penalty never gets called.

So tired of the Packers and their poor play due to a lack of coaching. Horrible fundamentals.

And while we're at it. The players - yes especially you Rodgers, stop whining to the refs every single down. No wonder the refs throw the flag so much. They're sick of the crying.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Right On Karps !

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post

So tired of the Packers and their poor play due to a lack of coaching. Horrible fundamentals.

And while we're at it. The players - yes especially you Rodgers, stop whining to the refs every single down. No wonder the refs throw the flag so much. They're sick of the crying.

I have an idea for a column about Rodgers, about one asking him why he does his ridiculous Championship Belt move, after a TD. For a guy that has never won even ONE playoff game (much less a Championship !) isn't that just a little silly, at best ??? You don't see Tom Brady do that and he has 3 Super Bowl rings. Good grief.